Product Security Leader – Water Infrastructure
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: As the leader of Product Security in Transport, the Product Security Leader is responsible for the implementation and execution of security programs and practices to support a growing, global water technology company. This position will work across software and firmware development teams to identify component and system level technical risks and evaluate critical failure points, determine technical security controls to mitigate risks, and work with cross functional teams to implement features according to product road maps.
You will lead product security strategy, security standards implementation, and security consulting activities for the Transport product portfolio. Your passion for security and in-depth knowledge of Product Security will ensure that you deliver high impact results.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with the develops and systems teams to identify the right security architecture for implementing new solutions, products and modules. Develop, implement and maintain product security strategy for the entire business unit product portfolio covering IoT and, Smart-device suites
- Know the Transport product portfolio in depth and understand the key risks presented to systems from a variety of factors across availability, integrity, and confidentiality
- Conduct complete lifecycle security architecture and technical assessments for a wide range of products, including embedded devices, software solutions, and cloud hosting
- Engage in application and domain-specific risk/threat modeling and attack surface analysis and reduction
- Provide guidance and leadership on best practices regarding security in software and firmware development
- Champion the Xylem security Systems Development Lifecycle, including security testing and risk management of vulnerabilities in software/hardware on all Transport products
- Manage the implementation of common security controls
- Provide training and education to engineering teams on security best practices
- Support commercial teams by building customer trust in the security of Xylem products
- Expert level operational support for security escalations from customers
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 5+ years of experience in industrial products
- Demonstrated expertise in product architecture and risk management
- Experience with risk management methodologies
- In-depth experience identifying and protecting against risks to industrial products from a security, safety, or quality perspective
- Demonstrated experience with implementing a sustainable product-related program with accompanying results
- Meaningful understanding of how security fits into product development cycles
- Knowledge of secure infrastructure architectures, application architectures, encryption, Cloud Security and broader security technologies.
- Knowledge of IoT network technologies (such as Bluetooth/BLE, WLAN, Z-Wave, Zigbee, identity/auth security)
- Demonstrated experience in managing risk within industrial products
- Relevant cyber security certifications
- Graduate degree in a technical discipline
- Scripting skills (i.e.: Ruby, Python, Perl, shell scripts)
- Experience in software development
- Experience with cloud IaaS security operations
- Experience with wireless technologies such as CDMA, E-HRPD, GSM, UMTS, TDS-CDMA, LTE-FDD / LTE-TDD, and 5Gexperience with Android RIL, Telephony, C and Embedded RTOS.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Please submit your application in English