1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The role offers a variety of challenging and varied responsibilities and duties within a fast-paced and continually growing organisation. The Office/Facilities Admin will be responsible for the smooth efficient running of the facility on a day-to-day basis whilst supporting communications and engagement for the business with sustainability at the forefront. You will be professional and efficient with exceptional attention to detail, balancing the needs of both the business and colleagues and the first point of contact in the office for visitors and contractors offering a professional and welcoming experience at all times.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Visitors process, signing in and allocating a badge, awareness of the site/fire exits etc
- Site contact for external company contracts (e.g. cleaning, maintenance, decoration)
- Meeting rooms: bookings, layout, lunches, stationary
- Ensuring the facility is maintained in a tidy and efficient order
- Assist with local hotel and transport information and requirements for visitors and any ad hoc requests around events, meetings, and visits
- Catering requirements: ordering and raising PO’s, authorising invoices
- General admin, filing and data entry tasks as required
- Provide communication support to the Communications lead.
- Answering, screening and directing telephone calls
- Postal duties including shipping of goods
- Premier Inn portal account management
- Maintain and grow relationships with other Xylem facilities for a one Xylem approach, collaborating and liaising with other Xylem office managers for best practice and consistency
- Consumables ordering for the facility (to the procurement team) distribution and stock control
- Supporting site projects, initiatives and Kaizen events
- Assist event set up and preparations e.g. Town Hall or VIP visits
- Support CI, Sustainability, Watermark and employee social engagements and activities.
- Ad hoc administrative tasks
- First Aid
- Fire Warden, including assistance with weekly alarm tests.
- Highly organized and attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with Excellent written and oral skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and determined personality
- Strong interpersonal & Customer service skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Customer Centric
- professional and confidential manner
- Able to liaise with people at all levels of seniority
- Advanced IT skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Holiday package of 25 days per year
- Group life cover at 4 times basic salary
- Pension Contribution
- Health Cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family Friendly Polices