We’re Hiring for a CAD Designer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The CAD Designer will be responsible for A-C Custom Pump group in Pewaukee, Wisconsin USA. In this role, the incumbent will also be designing new or special pump designs and performs modifications on various pump product lines in accordance with established company specifications and industry standards. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Primarily utilize ProEngineer Creo 5.0 or later and occasionally AutoCAD Release 2018 CAD or later software to perform applicable Mechanical component design, layout and detail drafting work.
- Works on projects under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, Project Engineers and/or Senior Designers as required.
- Prepare sketches or drawings necessary to generate pump design layout.
- Work closely with Engineering and other departments to analyze projects for manufacturability.
- Check component and assembly drawings of other department personnel as needed.
- Conduct necessary investigations relative to designs based on internal and customer requirements.
- Ability to work as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Participate in the training of future new Drafting department employees as needed.
- Participation in Watermark events
- Associate degree in mechanical design or equivalent
- 4+ years' progressive experience as a Mechanical CAD Designer.
- Hands on mechanical aptitude.
- Computer experience with MS Word and Excel.
- Creo Parametric 5.0 or later along with a working knowledge of AutoCAD 2018 or later.
- Able to effectively communicate written and verbally in the English language.
- Strong communication skills (both written and spoken).
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.