Business Systems Specialist - Back Office Platforms - Remote
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: This role, under the direction of the Enterprise Applications Senior Manager, partners with internal and external business and technology stakeholders to define, design, implement and maintain business enterprise software applications for Communications, Finance, HR, Legal, Supply Chain, and Sustainability. Enterprise applications are typically designed to interface or integrate with other enterprise applications used within the organization, and to be deployed across geographies while meeting strict requirements for security and administration management.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
This position will act as a liaison between the business/end users, internal or external IT systems development teams for Communications, Finance, HR, Legal, Supply Chain, and Sustainability. business needs requiring IT-based solutions. Responsibilities include:
- Comply with all regulatory, Legal and Human Resources mandates.
- Champion collaboration throughout the organization.
- Build, manage and nurture a solid relationship with internal customers and align resources and priorities to ensure continuous customer satisfaction.
- Support the Enterprise Applications Manager and Business Relationship Managers in defining the cost / benefit statement for each new and existing solution for Communications, Finance, HR, Legal, Supply Chain, and Sustainability.
- Support enterprise-wide system implementations throughout the lifecycle of the project delivery, from start to finish including the ideation, vendor selection, define, design, development, testing, and implementation phases.
- Identify Communications, Finance, HR, Legal, Supply Chain, and Sustainability business requirements for new and re-engineered processes. Convert business requirements into technical designs.
- Support the design, documentation, implementation and continuous improvement for Communications, Finance, HR, Legal, Supply Chain, and Sustainability operational policies, processes, and systems across the company.
- Support the Program Management Organization (PMO) in defining project scope, expectations, and requirements. Identify, investigate, evaluate and manage conflict and risk at project and business levels.
- Responsible for the project management and overall success of smaller enhancement efforts, which can be numerous and moderately complex, from start to finish including the design, development, testing, and implementation phases.
- Responsible for business analysis, testing, and delivery of application-to-application data integration implementations, in partnership with our Xylem Integration Platform team and external vendors, as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate testing activities including functional, integration, performance and user acceptance to ensure quality products and services.
- Work with the Vendor Management Organization and PMO to organize and execute “pilot tests” of new solutions.
- Provide Level 2 and 3 application support activities. Ensure response to escalated issues/incidents and utilize all available resources to resolve them in accordance with the published Service Level Agreement (SLA). Partner with Customers, IT team members, and/or software vendors to deliver solid, timely, and if necessary, creative solutions to the problem. Proactively monitor the help desk system and service ticket aging reports. Provide support to employees’ questions and issues regarding standardized policies, processes and systems for Communications, Finance, HR, Legal, Supply Chain, and Sustainability.
- Collaborate with Organizational Change Management team to ensure that effective change management strategies are applied using Xylem’s preferred ProSci framework. This includes ensuring effective communications, training materials, and delivery methods for impacted populations.
- Participate in monitoring activities for all assigned policies, processes and systems to ensure conformance to standards. Support Corporate Audit’s efforts in conducting and continuously improving the risk management activities across the applications within this team’s scope of control.
- Maintain solid relationships with software vendor partner(s) to communicate new requirements. Actively participate in user groups to influence innovation and service improvements. Maximize productivity and service levels with existing software and support the Vendor Management Organization in negotiating favorable new contracts, as needs arise.
- Contribute to the definition of and adherence to IT standard processes and procedures. This includes but is not limited to: 1. System Life Cycle Methodology; 2 Cybersecurity standards and policies; 3. Service Level Agreements; 4. compliance mandates (i.e., local, regional, and corporate policies and procedures; hardware/software established standards; etc.); and 5. governance framework, including the release management strategy and procedures.
- Perform related duties and fulfill responsibilities as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in MIS or CS preferred, or relevant concentration, with 6-7 years of experience; or a Graduate Degree (Masters) in MIS or CS preferred, or relevant concentration, with 4-6 years of experience; or relevant and equivalent business or IT experience of minimum of 8-10 years.
- Knowledge and understanding of business requirements, system analysis, and software development lifecycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate technology concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Experience with enterprise-wide system implementations.
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, able to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, work well in a demanding dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Ability to work with cross-functional, interdisciplinary and virtual teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of experience with Microsoft Teams, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Familiarity with best-in-class enterprise applications in the HR, Legal, EHS&S, and Business Continuity functions preferred, examples include Xylem Now, Docusign, Fusion, Workday, and Gensuite.
- Familiarity with integration processes across enterprise systems.
- Familiarity with identify management and authentication concepts, with platforms like One Identity and Active Directory.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- May require travel to project sites.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $115,000 to $145,000 plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.