1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: SonTek, a Xylem brand, seeks an Assembler to build, and/or fabricate defect-free parts and/or finished products per assigned written processes. Ideal candidate will ensure the successful and timely delivery of products within their assigned product area (i.e. Value Stream). The Assembler will work with Team Leaders, Product Planners, and Material Coordinators daily to meet all delivery requirements.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assemble pieces, parts, or whole components
- Dip and hand solder components
- Measure and epoxy components
- Work and communicate with manufacturing engineering to resolve problems and make process improvements
- Keep work area clean and organized per 5/6S standards
- Follow open shop order report and process
- Follow ISO standards
- Mentor new manufacturing employees as needed
- Serve as a manufacturing cell’s point person when needed/assigned
- Attend/participate in instructor led and/or web-based company training as required
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Good hand-eye coordination skills
- Must be able to read and understand written process
- Basic math and measurement skills
- Good communication skills
- Have attention to detail
- Soldering skills preferred but not required
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be willing to follow all written and implied policies
- Flexible forty-hour week, but must be able to work moderate overtime to meet seasonal/cyclical demands of the business
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-30 lbs
- Ability to move within work cell as necessary
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work usually performed in a general production/assembly environment
- Standard weekly job hours is 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.