Control System Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The ideal candidate will provide electrical & control system development and validation throughout the project execution. Work closely with global engineers, product and project managers for project execution and final validation. Perform troubleshooting and field commissioning.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participate in E&C (Electrical and Controls) project execution: preparation of design, specifications, analysis and recommendations for development.
- Review and interpret project electrical schematics and specifications
- Select electrical control components and prepare bills of material, following brand standards, as applicable
- Prepare complete electrical design submittal packages for review and approval by customer and consulting engineers
- Select, program and troubleshoot various types of PLC’s (RS Logix 5000 and Siemens TIA Portal) and SCADA systems (InduSoft/Wonderware, AB FactoryTalk)
- Provide software development and validation throughout the project execution.
- Provide direct technical support to external customers, consulting firms and general contractors.
- Design detailed electrical controls systems and develop software to automate WWTPs (Waste Water Treatment Plants) from functional descriptions and PID schematics
- Proficient in AutoCAD Electrical so they can generate, and revise as necessary, design submittal drawings
- Keep abreast of new technologies and advances in monitoring and control products
- Work closely with global engineers, product and project managers to develop products and to develop test procedures and test cases for final validation.
- Understand the project requirements and develop roadmaps.
- Estimating task execution time and ensuring on-time delivery of work with quality.
- Perform Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Prepare Design Documents
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 4-Year Bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation / Electrical
- At least 3-6 years of professional experience in areas directly related to electrical & controls project engineering, experience with water treatment plant is preferred.
- Experience in the PLC / HMI / SCADA Programming.
- Experience in Pump System & Electrical design.
- A high-energy, self-motivated, results oriented individual
- Strong technical, communication, and inter-personal capabilities
- Bias toward speed, strong sense of urgency
- Comfortable with customers and a customer advocate
- Listens and works well in team environment
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Learns new concepts quickly and autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Searches out the best practice with continuous improvement mindset
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other communication tools
- Fluency in English language is must
- An expert in PLC / HMI and SCADA programming, Experience with Allen Bradly, Siemens.
- C programming, Structured text and Ladder.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of measuring Instruments.
- Experience in Protocol Implementation (DNP3 / ModBus / MetaSys / ProfiNet / ProfiBus / EtherCAT / OPC UA / BACNET)
- Data communication using TCP/IP, FTP, UDP, data socket, shared & global variable
- Interface using GPIB, RS-232, SPI, I2C, RS-485 Modbus
- Databases, MS SQL Server, MS access
- Knowledge of VFD (Variable Frequency Drives) and Pump Controls
- Experience with Auto-CAD tool and Electrical Design.
- Knowledge of software and electrical testing standards
- Electrical test labs, high voltage potentials.
- Pump controls & test machines and rooms, high voltage potentials, mechanical hazards (moving machinery), high temperature hazards (hot metal, sparks)
- Occasional travel, both domestic and international