Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist to lead project teams and to execute projects aligned to critical business priorities. These projects will generate financial results and drive process improvement and efficiency. This position is accountable for leading cross functional projects designed to analyze and design work flows that improve efficiencies. Interfacing with other departments to identify improvement opportunities and sharing best practices.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional, complex projects designed to analyze and design sequence of operations and work flows to improve efficiencies.
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
- Develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods and tools to facilitate an Improved Customer Experience.
- Interfacing with other departments to identify improvement opportunities to drive high quality and efficient processes
- Mobilizing Problem solving teams and supporting groups to streamline processes to drive clear business improvement.
- Facilitate Kaizen events to drive continuous improvements in operations and office areas including effective preparation and follow-up.
- Participate on multiple projects and apply continuous improvement techniques leveraging Six Sigma and Lean methodologies to solve problems (DMAIC) and build new capabilities.
- Share best practices and develop coordinated plans.
- Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to drive continuous improvements; remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes.
- Partner and work closely with customer facing teams and business functions (HR, Finance, IT, Customer Support, Product Management, Engineering, Product Development).
- Experience delivering tangible productivity results via transactional excellence projects.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
- 5+ year of successful leadership in executing continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness and tangible financial benefit
- Black Belt certification required Lean or Six Sigma
- PMP/Agile training or certification preferred (Project / Program experience is acceptable alternative)
- Hands-on and demonstrated experience with continuous improvement programs including employment of lean and / or Six Sigma tools and methodologies
- Facilitated or participated in at least 2 separate week long kaizen events while performing proper preparation and follow up
- Demonstrated successful project management experience and acumen
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience with ensuring effective Change Management development and execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.