Process Owner, Incident and Problem Management
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Process Owner for Incident and Problem Management, is responsible for several ITIL components of Service Management including Incident Management, Critical Incident Management, and Service Level Agreements. This role is also responsible for the outsourced Smart Support Service Desk and all related activities. A successful candidate will be able to develop, maintain, evangelize and enforce compliance with the relevant ITIL processes. Relationship building and interaction with Process and Service Owners will be critical to the success of this role and the larger Enterprise IT Service Management team.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Build enterprise-wide standard processes with regional capabilities for language and other significant differences. Key processes include, but are not limited to: Incident Management, Critical Incident Management (CIM), Problem Management, Root Cause Analysis, queue management, escalation, on-call calendar, reporting, ticket handling
- Establish service level targets for response and resolution of Incidents and Problems.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with our outsourced Service Desk provider to ensure adherence to process, achievement of SLAs, facilitate Agent training, and drive high customer satisfaction.
- Evangelize processes, build customer understanding, and drive adherence throughout the IT organization.
- Develop, implement and monitor metrics for process effectiveness and efficiency
- Provide recommendations for improvement to processes and services with the purpose of increased availability, improved service levels, reduced costs, and improved customer satisfaction by reducing the number of operational problems.
- Define and implement criteria and procedures to report problems, including problem classification, categorization, and prioritization.
- Drive the Smart Support Service Desk to conduct incident trend analysis to identify problems and perform proactive problem management activities.
- Participate in CIM Team rotation for management of Critical Incidents.
- Create and maintain communications templates for CIM notifications to management, users, and other groups.
- Lead Problem investigations and Root Cause Analysis with relevant subject matter experts to diagnose, assess, and analyze root causes.
- Create known-error records for appropriate workarounds and potential solutions.
- Develop training plans and training materials and conduct training on a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
- Support the validation of the CMDB by reporting CI exceptions and data discrepancies to ITSM Tools & Data team.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, CS or relevant concentration, with 5-7 years of relevant experience; or a Graduate Degree (Masters) in MIS or CS preferred, or relevant concentration, with 4-5 year of relevant experience; or relevant and equivalent business or IT experience of minimum of 5-7 years.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including Directory Services, Windows 7/2010, Microsoft Office 2010 – 2019, O365, Windows Server 2012-2016, VMWare, Cisco VoIP and Networking, mobile communications, ServiceNow Ticketing system, SNOW, OneIdentity
- Hands-on software and data troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivation and able to take responsibility
- Able to manage and prioritize tasks and time efficiently
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- ITIL knowledge and certification is preferred.
- Experience with or understanding of ServiceNow modules, licensing, and configuration.
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and the requisite proof of testing
- Analytical Decision Making: Leverages available tools, resources, and the expertise of others, and coaches others on effective analytical decision making.
- Business Focused Delivery: Identifies the underlying need behind business requests and manages governance for solutions to ensure IT improvements and investments maximize the return on investment for business partners. Educates and contracts with business partners on the scope, timeline, cost, pre-work, and collaboration requirements before establishing IT commitments. Provides strategic insight into how new technology and improvements can improve processes to gain efficiency or enable new business opportunities.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset: Continually strives for excellence by asking questions of the organization on how things can be better. Sets high standards and raises expectations within his/her own organization and function for achieving those standards.
- Cross-Boundary Collaboration: Models and coaches others to collaborate effectively within his/her own team and across functional, business, geographic, and cultural boundaries, showing a willingness to work with others, share information and insight, and leverage different points of view.
- Design Excellence: Recommends additions and extensions to service/solution architecture that enables work output or provides access to information in a useful form where and how it is needed for his/her business partners.
- Influential communication
- Inspiring accountability
- Leading people & teams
- Managing change
- Planning & prioritizing work
- Developing capability of staff
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- May require travel to project sites.
- Work may require lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: Approximately 10%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.