Junior Technical Analyst
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem is seeking a highly motivated individual to provide IT operational support for our various client-facing operations from our Calgary office. In order to provide support for our various in-house technology deployments. The position is a Junior Technical Analyst.
The long-term monitoring of Pure Technologies bridges, structures and pipelines is dependent upon continual support from IT. The IT function for on-going operational support is vital in ensuring site functionality and effective operations in order to provide timely wire break or other site related activity to our clients.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide support for our various in-house technology deployments
- Contribute as a functioning member of the IT group in Calgary
- Plan, Deploy, Maintain Client-facing Network Infrastructure
- Plan, Deploy, Maintain Client-facing Server Infrastructure
- Plan, Deploy, Maintain Client-facing Backup Strategies
- Maintain, Manage, Support – Existing Wireless Backbone
- Maintain, Manage, Support - Windows 2008 and 2012 Servers
- Maintain, Manage, Support – McAfee, SQL 2008 - 2017, IIS
- Maintain, Manage, Support – Internal Applications
- Remote Monitoring including On-Call Support
- Providing End-User Support
- Assist IT Operations in Remote Support and current Operations Initiatives
- Coordination with the client’s IT department as required
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Network Communications or Information Technology Diploma / Degree from a Technical College or University, or related degree and experience.
- At least 1-3 years relevant experience in configuring Networks from Routers, Switches to Servers. (Fibre and Wireless Experience would be an asset)
- Networking – Fundamental knowledge to plan, deploy and maintain both inter and intra office connectivity
- Strong knowledge of Cisco routers
- Strong Knowledge of Windows Server Environments
- Strong Knowledge for Operating Systems (Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008, Linux Server/Workstation
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft business products such as SQL, IIS, Exchange and Hyper-V
- Experience with Citrix administration
- Familiar with End-point Imaging Technologies
- Familiar with RAID Configurations
- Knowledge of Support Tools (Remote, Disk, Recovery)
- Ability to work alone and with a team
- Held accountable for all IT activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to prioritize and task driven
- Effective time management and organization
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours