Environmental, Health, Safety & Security Regional Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Your Role: Xylem seeks to hire an EHS&S Regional Manager to work at its Pewaukee, WI site. The qualified candidate will inspire and engage colleagues at all levels in cultivating a learning environment to drive a sustainable, safe and healthy future for all. The leader will cultivate a proactive culture where co-operation and ownership of safety are an integral part of continual improvement and innovation. Providing specialist EHS support within the Water Infrastructure Team driving accountability, cultural change and safe behaviors across the region, through positive interventions, safety workshops and providing advice guidance and training as required.
Your Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist the ESH Director in developing and implementing improvement programs and delivering key strategic objectives within the region
- Develop and promote a culture of safe working through good practice, standards, engagement, risk management, and communication
- Facilitate coaching and mentoring opportunities with the local EHS Coordinators and Operational teams that fosters learning with understanding on EHS systems and processes
- Provide information, instruction and training at all levels of the organization to enhance the overall EHS performance and engagement
- Assist in the development, implementation and review of the company’s Environmental, Health & Safety and sustainability operational policies and procedures in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, & Xylem corporate model programs
- Conduct and participate in planned and unscheduled audits , inspections and positive interventions across all business units and locations within the geography, to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, company policy and procedure, and identify best practices. Visit customer sites to ensure safety processes are designed for our field work.
- Lead incident investigations to identify root causes, develop and implement corrective action plans. Sharing the learnings across the Greater Xylem business.
- To support the Company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health and Safety at Work, in accordance with current legislation and policies laid down by the Company
- Support local EHS Coordinators in implementing the programs within their areas of operational control.
- Assist in the collation of data for the Xylem ESH metrics program via setting goals, driving improvements and tracking and reporting results to both Water Solutions personnel, including the ESH Director and Corporate management.
- Assists in the internal and external reporting requirements to ensure that they are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the resolution of recommendations resulting from environmental, safety and quality investigations.
- Assist the company in establishing objectives and targets to aid continual improvement of the EHS management system through analyzing key performance indicators, audit findings and incident/ accident data.
- To advise and help managers and employees meet their EHS obligations for the organization including the identification or non-conformances and provide solutions to remedy non-conformances that are identified
- Responsible for the achievement of annual personal goals
- Carry out other tasks as may be defined that may be required in order to develop the business
- Undertake the duties of the ESH Director in their absence to ensure the continuation of the overall ESH program.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in EHS related field or technical sciences from accredited school and at least 5+ years of experience in manufacturing or related area; or at least 10 years of progressive EHS&S responsibility in manufacturing or related area.
- Compliance audit experience required.
- Relevant knowledge and understanding of Environmental, Health and Safety Law and its application to the work environment.
- Computer literate especially Excel, Word and Power point
- Understanding of the ISO management standards and their application in the work environment.
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Leadership experience in driving culture change and implementing procedures and best practices.
A good working knowledge of Gensuite or similar reporting program
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and/or customers on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Travel: 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.