Program Manager Lead
Description – Program Manager LeadPreview
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem Vue seeks to hire a Program Manager who will be responsible for planning, scheduling and managing programs, which include the deployment of multiple advanced software optimization systems across a large customer service territory. This position offers the opportunity to join the driven, contrarian, creative experts in their endeavor to use high tech tools to solve age-old infrastructure problems. You will lead complex projects across the world using your expert project management skills, technical knowledge, and your passion for client success.
You will plan and maintain project schedules, identify and mitigate risks, and communicate goals and results with project stakeholders.
Xylem Vue digital solutions is a team hyper-focused on the use of big data, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of things to implement Intelligent Urban Water Solutions, primarily for water utilities. Xylem Vue has clients worldwide. Xylem Vue digital solutions is seeking to disrupt the status quo and drastically advance the water industry. Xylem Vue digital solutions' mission is to help utilities save money and save the planet by dynamically managing water and wastewater infrastructure.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Supports the delivery of projects and programs to ensure quality, on-schedule and on-budget completion.
- Lead, manage, mentor and develop a team by providing clear objectives and encouraging them to be innovative in solving client problem.
- Manage project plan, deliverables, dependencies and outcome of assigned projects to ensure projects are on-schedule and on budget.
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders to manage and meet expectations.
- Develop internal relationships to support the overall growth and success of the team; mentor peer and mid-level staff, and steward client satisfaction.
- Provide technical leadership to staff and clients in resolving problems.
- Define and implement project scope and plans in accordance with the contract terms, clients needs, and other offerings from prospect development through project planning, execution and closeout.
- Maintain highest quality reports and project deliverables that exceed both client and internal expectations by implementing a deliverable quality assurance review appropriate to the project size and scope.
- Manage program staff, contractors, invoicing, schedule and budget.
- Operate as the face of Xylem to the customer and work with Customer management to ensure they are kept informed of schedule and issues.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent
- 5-10 years’ experience with at least 5 years of Utility Industry experience
- PMP designation is a bonus but not necessary.
- Experience leading or mentoring teams of Project Mangers or Engineers or industry related staff
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours