Finance Manager (Hybrid)
Finance Manager – Smart Metering
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Smart Metering, a Xylem business, seeks to hire a Finance Manager who will be responsible for financial analysis and management necessary for the North American Metrology business. The role will also actively partner with the Finance Director Senior Operations Management to provide finance support to business challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all monthly closing duties of direct reports to ensure financial statements are accurate and complete in accordance to US GAAP
- Monitor and review all balance sheet account reconciliations
- Ensure all operations are performing to budget and forecast standards and provide explanations to all variances to expectations
- Provide oversight and management of weekly status meetings of operations labor and overhead spending to track efficiencies and variance to budget and forecast
- Drive business and financial insights into the senior operations management team through data and analytics
- Monitor all inventory levels and ensure that inventory is aligned to budget and forecast expectations
- Complete and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages for senior management
- Other ad-hoc duties and analyses as needed.
- Support the overall Budget/Forecast for Smart Metering business
- Support overall coordination and execution of the Smart Metering budget, strategic plan, and forecasting activities understanding the year over year changes.
- Work closely with CI Leadership and provide savings guidance guidelines and present Productivity results to Senior Leadership
- Develop and implement productivity and efficiency in finance processes to make greater time available for support of operational improvement initiatives
- Development of Finance Models and non-standard Analysis through Excel and Oracle tools
- Monthly financial analysis for Senior CI and Operations Leadership
- Support to Operations team on Productivity, Performance and Site metrics
- Train Finance Staff on new financial tools and applications
- Headcount Cost/Control
- Strong understanding of AWS Supply Chain
- Alignment of Fcst/Budget/AOP with Functional Leaders
- GDP Support
- Ad hoc reporting
- Building Operational Finance acumen
- Finance project management
- Business partnership with Operations / CI teams
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Inspiring accountability
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Intelligent risk management
- Developing capability (for people manager)
- Leading people & teams (for people manager)
- AWS Executive Leadership
- Operations Leadership and Site Leaders
- Site Finance Teams
- CI and Productivity Leadership
- External: Auditors
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting, Finance or Equivalent Experience. MBA/CPA a plus
- Minimum 7 years of relevant Accounting or Finance. Manufacturing cost accounting experience is required
- Thorough understanding of standards under U.S. GAAP
- Demonstrated ability of leading multiple cross-functional projects
- Proficiency using Excel to summarize and analyze data including use of pivot tables
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Position requires high attention to detail and a desire for continuous improvement
- Individual will be self-motivated and has experience working with multiple teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a professional attitude and demeanor
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- CMA, CPA or working towards a CPA certification
- Business Objects and/or similar database query skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company. (Less than 10%)
Standard weekly job hours:
- Standard for salaried employees with ability to manage some variation in work demands day to day and month to month.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.