Crew Planning & Scheduling Manager
The Crew Planning and Scheduling Manager is responsible for managing both the long-term Crew Planning Team and the short-term Crew Scheduling Team. By providing direction, clear processes, tools, resources, and training on a daily basis, he/she ensures maximum crew availability and efficient aircraft crewing throughout the calendar year. This includes identifying team members’ individual training needs as well as inter or cross departmental procedures update needs and/or system requirements while diligently working in cooperation with his/her Team Leaders and peers to act and implement as and when needed. All the above must be conducted while observing FAA crew duty/rest and flight time regulations as well as safety standards, company SOPs and crew qualification requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
• Daily oversight of the crew planners and crew schedulers (shift staff) ensuring workload is evenly distributed according to capability and skill level.
• Mentoring and supporting all crew planners and crew schedulers, ensuring they have the necessary training and understanding of systems and procedures to complete their tasks.
• Managing the crew planning and crew scheduling roster for all shift staff ensuring adequate coverage to deal with daily workload and vacation requests.
• In conjunction with the Senior Director of OCC, performance manage crew planners and crew schedulers including annual appraisals.
• Development of internal procedures, ensuring they are documented, trained, and maintained, in conjunction with the Senior Director of OCC.
• Ensuring daily and weekly shift objectives are clear, providing positive encouragement and support to achieve these.
• Ensuring team members have clear personal goals and a clear path of progression (where desired), facilitating this progression in accordance with the company and individual’s needs.
Crew Legality and Administration - Crew and Aircraft Movement
• Supervise the movement of all company crew efficiently and in accordance with all federal regulations and company policies.
• Optimize the economic impact of scheduling decisions
• Drive strategic planning of crew pairings and swaps for all crew members, considering service delivery to our clients, cost analysis related to each movement, and impact on individual quality of life for the crew member
• Constant monitoring of pilots and cabin hostesses staffing numbers, escalating, and proposing solutions for staffing issues when they arise. Proactively anticipate crewing issues and escalate as appropriate to find additional coverage or alternative solutions when needed
• Coordinate with CPO, Training, and Flight Standards to prioritize pilot progression (IOE, COE) and maintain crew qualification (Route Checks, Company Checks, etc.)
• Ensure that the Crew Planning and Scheduling Team is executing all planning in accordance with applicable rest and flight time regulations
• Oversee Crew briefing and rest assignments to increase efficiency and reduce mistakes.
• Working closely with the OCC Manager, CPO, Sales, Revenue Management, Customer Service Teams and Travel department to ensure all procedures are synchronized across departments when and where required.
• Working with the Operations IT Development team to ensure that new system improvements and development projects effectively meet the department’s requirements.
• Ensuring sufficient trainers are available and competent to carry out the training needs of the department.
• Ensuring the departmental training program is developed and maintained to support the training needs of the department.
• Auditing day to day tasks (e.g., Handovers, violation reports etc.)
Given the level of the individual contributor position within the company, expectation is the individual contributor demonstrates a proficient level of the following proficiencies/competencies.
• Plan and organize work: Require the ability to create and use logical, systematic processes to achieve goals. Having the ability to visualize the steps needed to reach a goal and naturally organize the process, modifying, as necessary.
• Interpersonal communication: Effectively communicate, develop, and foster strong working relationships to drive team growth, engagement, and productivity.
• Collaboration: Working together to a common purpose to achieve team and business benefit. Enables individuals to work together to achieve a defined and common business purpose.
• Deliver consistent results: Follow through on tasks and goals to support team/operations success and improvements.
• Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Understands work responsibilities and adds to knowledge and skills.
Managing of the Crew Planning and Scheduling Team as per essential functions described above.
The primary work environment is in the office area. The noise level in the work environment is low.
The physical demands of this position are typical of office environment.
Limited travel (<5%) may be requested to visit other locations throughout the organization.
Required education, skills and experience:
• 2* years’ experience within Commercial Aviation Operations environment in at least one of the following or a combination thereof:
o Flight Operations
o Crew Training
o Crew Rostering and/or Aircraft and Crew Scheduling
o *Management experience in any previous role or job function may be considered.
• Solid knowledge of FAA crew duty/rest limitations
• Entrepreneurial skills with professional attitude & a strong business acumen
• Team player, pro-active, service driven and out of the box thinking.
• Strong love to detail is a must.
• High customer/service orientation with cross cultural understanding.
• Proficient with computer systems including MS Office Suite.
• Must have flexibility to work a variety of shifts including overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays
Beneficial skills and experience:
• Aviation related studies and/or degree
• Worldwide Flight and/or Ground Operations Experience
• Previous management and/or Team leadership experience.
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
XOJET Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an E-Verify employer.