The Human Resources Generalist position leads best practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment, and employee satisfaction.This position coordinates the implementation of services, policies, and benefits programs in partnership with internal and external resources; reports to the Human Resources VP, and assists and directly advises company employees and managers with regards to Human Resources issues, policies and processes.
- Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, including employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, and employee relations.
- Primary point of contact for employees regarding Leave Administration to include:
- Ensure that managers and employees are knowledgeable about leave issues.
- Administration of multi-state Leave of Absences, FMLA, ADA and Company Leave Programs.
- Establishes FMLA claims; tracks and codes documentation in accordance with internal workflow processes.
- Analyzes FMLA claims to determine eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Identifies action plan; determines benefits due, and makes timely case decisions
- Communicates decisions and on-going expectations with employees and managers
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions and implementing them.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objectives,
- Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed or required actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add HR value to the organization whilst driving and championing employee satisfaction.
- Ensures safety of the workforce.
- Resolves employee concerns related to health and welfare plans functioning as liaison with various insurance carriers.
- Writes, revises, edits and proofreads company policies and procedures and related documents as needed including employee handbook.
- Works with hiring managers to develop job descriptions.
- Assists in benchmarking positions against market to ensure competitive compensation policies and practices.
- Manages the New Employee On-boarding process.
- Assists with PRIA administration.
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience working in the field of human resources.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration.
- Strong understanding of state and federal requirements and regulations relating to key areas of responsibility.
- Experience administering employee benefit plans, recruitment and compensation plans.
- Experience working with payroll and HRMS systems.
- Dynamic and energetic spirit coupled with a strong desire to create and win.
- Self-starter who thrives in a rapidly growing and fast-paced environment.
- Highly detail oriented with excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to forge effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Department: Human Resources
- Location: Sacramento, CA
- Reports to: SVP, Human Resources
- Classification: Exempt
We are an E-Verify employer.