The primary responsibility of the Payroll Specialist is to provide overall administrative and accounting support to the Payroll Department.
- Assist with creating annual payroll calendars
- Create payroll communications for year-end activities
- Support in making payroll corrections for W-2 reporting
- Assist with checking payroll limits for all employees
- Organize and maintain payroll filing of confidential information
- Assist with reviewing payroll reports for accuracy
- Responsible for all state/local payroll tax filings (Tax compliance/ADP-Agency Notice Manager)
- Process timecards for all XOJET entities
- Assist in managing the payroll email and responding to all internal and external inquiries.
- Establish and Update Deduction Codes
- Manage Payroll Validation Tables
- Create Payroll Reports
- Create/Manage Payroll Templates
- Create/Manage Payroll Forms
- Conduct 401k Audits
- Prepare Payroll Reports for Workers Comp Audits
- Prepare and present training classes for employees on payroll issues
- Year-End Auditing Responsibilities
- Retrieve and review ADP Communications
- Assist with creating and implementing payroll processes
- Respond to Garnishment Notices
- Performs a monthly Analysis of Payroll Expense Accounts
- Complete partial pay calculations
- Inputs and calculates Pilot Vacation/Sick/Leave report
- Assist accounting in research inquiries
- Create/Manage Time Off Policies & Benefit Accruals
- Correct Multi Jurisdiction errors
- Assist Accounts Payable department as needed
- Assist in the coordination of other payroll activities as needed
- Coordinate\ Payroll month End Activities
- Assist with managing State Set Ups
- 5+ years multi-state payroll experience processing for large employee groups
- Experience with multiple payroll runs, both exempt and nonexempt
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to work on multiple tasks while changing priorities
- Certification is beneficial, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong customer service orientation and problem solving skills
- ADP experience is a plus
- Intermediate skills in Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with other departments.
- Relies on judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Department: Payroll
- Location: Sacramento, CA
- Reports to: AP & Payroll Manager
- FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
We are an E-Verify employer.