Field Service Supervisor
The Field Service Supervisor (FSS) is a technical expert whose primary role is to ensure aircraft are accurately diagnosed the first time and repaired in a timely manner. The FSS will drive results with vendors and communicate with a level of precision that ensures the appropriate outcome during AOG maintenance events. The FSS contribution is fleet availability and dispatch reliability.
- Field AOG phone calls from flight crews with discrepancies in the air and on ground. Troubleshooting systems with crew or ensuring aircraft systems are in correct configuration to correct issues.
- Debrief with flight crews to ensure content of discrepancies is accurate and correct.
- Ensure vendors are using proper techniques and tooling when maintaining aircraft
- Assist vendors in troubleshooting of aircraft systems, research parts, and research various documentation.
- Travel to aircraft having technical issues to expedite repairs
- Perform minor maintenance on fleet aircraft.
- Verify vendors are performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance per company standards.
- Monitor ongoing aircraft issues and document for future maintenance events required.
- Perform RII training for vendors.
- Revise work orders as required, approve discrepancies, review quotes for accuracy, and ensure agreed work is complied with.
- Ensure work orders and turnovers are complete and work is precisely described.
- Order parts, ship parts, receive parts, and check documentation for accuracy.
- Approve door to door shipping to meet flight schedules.
- Oversee work at vendor’s facilities to ensure proper maintenance techniques, tooling and appropriate care for the AC and loose equipment are employed while maintenance is being performed.
- Travel to host cities of special events such as Super Bowl, Kentucky Derby etc. to support AOG in order to dispatch aircraft efficiently without delay.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A&P certificate is required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience on turbine powered aircraft required
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, determination, strong technical intellect, and strong natural curiosity
- Ability to communicate with precision,
- Demonstrates a strong sense of responsibility to find desired outcome
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Department: Maintenance
- Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Reports to: Senior Manager of Field Service
- FLSA Classification: Exempt
We are an E-Verify employer.