Manager of Maintenance Repair Team
Manager of the XOJET Aviation Mobile Repair Teams that are based throughout the USA with a primary focus of lowering out of service time by responding with qualified internal technicians that have the required tooling to recover the companies aircraft. Responsible for the schedule integrity and welfare of the companies MRT teams. Must coordinate all PMI’s for company vehicles to ensure our teams are in reliable equipment that represents the company properly
- Assignment of personnel to shifts to provide best coverage for the company.
- Ensure that team communicates all status changes of aircraft to Maintenance Control and OCC.
- Ensures that team has FOS / GV and Maintenance CAMP workorders as required.
- Troubleshooting systems with crew or ensuring aircraft systems are in correct configuration to correct issues.
- Debrief with flight crews to ensure content of discrepancies is accurate and correct.
- Ensure XO MRT teams are always using proper techniques and tooling when maintaining their assigned aircraft
- Assist XO MRT Teams in troubleshooting of aircraft systems, researching parts, and research various documentation with the assistance of MX Control, QA and OEM support teams..
- Assign teams to travel to aircraft having technical issues or for Scheduled maintenance events to expedite repairs
- Oversee the MRT teams while working with MX Control to perform minor maintenance on aircraft as required to RTS aircraft as expeditiously as possible.
- Verify XO MRT Teams are performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance per XOJET standards..
- Ensure all MRT Team members have RII training for Fleet types of assigned aircraft.
- Revise work orders as required, approve discrepancies, review quotes for accuracy, and ensure agreed work is complied with in conjunction with the XO MXC teams and Planning..
- Ensure work orders and turnovers are complete and work is precisely described.
- Order parts, ship parts, receive parts, and check documentation for accuracy as required while working through the Maintenance Procurement team
- Oversee work as needed at vendor’s facilities to ensure proper maintenance techniques, tooling and appropriate care for the AC and loose equipment are employed while maintenance is being performed.
- Travel to aircraft as directed by XOJET Aviation LLC – or to the MRT Team as determined by yourself and the SVP.
Given the level of the individual contributor position within the company, expectation is the individual contributor demonstrates a proficient level of the following proficiencies/competencies.
- Plan and organize work: Require the ability to create and use logical, systematic processes to achieve goals. Having the ability to visualize the steps needed to reach a goal and naturally organize the process, modifying, as necessary.
- Interpersonal communication: Effectively communicate, develop and foster strong working relationships with drives team growth, engagement and productivity.
- Collaboration: Working together to a common purpose to achieve team and business benefit. Enables individuals to work together to achieve a defined and common business purpose.
- Deliver consistent results: Follow through on tasks and goals so that support team/operations success and improvements.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Level of expertise in job and the extent to which new information and skills are applied. Understands work responsibilities and adds to knowledge and skills.
This position will have direct reports.
The primary work environment is in the office area but with hangar and ramp airport locations as well. The noise level in the work environment is moderate and can be loud.
The physical demands of this position are typical of an airport environment – must be able to lift up to 75lbs, work on platforms and in various aircraft spaces..
This position will require 25% Travel
Required education and experience
- Analytical, Determined, Strong technical intellect, Strong natural curiosity
- Ability to communicate with precision, and comfortable with HNI’s.
- Takes it personally when desired outcome is not reached on aircraft.
- Candidates will hold A&P certificate and minimum high school graduate
- Have minimum of 10 years’ experience on turbine powered aircraft
- Must have at least one formal course on like type aircraft (Global / Challenger / CE750 / CE560)
- Must have former leadership / manager experience – minimum of 2 years.
Additional eligibility requirements
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
XOJET Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an E-Verify employer.