Maintenance Buyer is responsible for the accurate and time-sensitive function of procuring and managing aircraft components to support
the various fleet types that XOJET operates in accordance with established processes set by department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Processes and actions requisitions for parts purchase submitted by mx control, planning and site managers with appropriate warranty review, aircraft contract application and correct vendor selection. Situational awareness of aircraft maintenance event is imperative and critical. Responsible for identifying and properly processing cores and warranty transactions, as necessary.
Manages existing inventory by transferring and/or allocating correctly for maximum benefit for company, including issuing and receiving purchase orders, service orders and interfacing with multiple departments within company and external vendors.
Reviews part consumption during maintenance events to confirm installation and return of unused parts, cores and failures, as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Given the level of the individual contributor position within the company, expectation is the individual contributor demonstrates a proficient level of the following proficiencies/competencies.
- Plan and organize work: Require the ability to create and use logical, systematic processes to achieve goals. Having the ability to visualize the steps needed to reach a goal and naturally organize the process, modifying, as necessary.
- Interpersonal communication: Effectively communicate, develop and foster strong working relationships with drives team growth, engagement and productivity.
- Collaboration: Working together to a common purpose to achieve team and business benefit. Enables individuals to work together to achieve a defined and common business purpose.
- Deliver consistent results: Follow through on tasks and goals so that support team/operations success and improvements.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Level of expertise in job and the extent to which new information and skills are applied. Understands work responsibilities and adds to knowledge and skills.
This position will/will not have direct reports.
The primary work environment is in the office area. The noise level in the work environment is moderate and can be loud.
The physical demands of this position are typical of office environment.
This position will/will not require X% Travel
Required education and experience
- High School Diploma
- Two years technical buying experience in FAR Part 135, 91 or 121 environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Experienced with utilizing aviation software that includes inventory management, maintenance and repair
- Working knowledge of domestic and international shipping, including dangerous goods
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task and work accurately and efficiently under pressure
Additional eligibility requirements
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
XOJET Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an E-Verify employer.