Work hand in hand with the Flight Operations team (and/or delegated representative) to ensure each flight is properly planned and executed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Planning – normal ops
- Review fleet for optimization opportunities
- Work with mx planning on scheduling events
- Review Crewing for optimization opportunities
- Communication of IROPS to impacted parties
- Work toward solutions for IROPS events
- Work with MX to provide updates on AOG’s
- Work with Operations to provide updates on Crewing events
IROP – Diversions / Events
- Main point of contact for all irregular events until senior management is on site and brought up to speed
- Works directly with Post Holders on any and all regulatory concerns brought to their attention
Performs other duties as assigned
Given the level of the leadership position within the company, expectation is the leader demonstrates an expert level of the following proficiencies/competencies.
- Social Intelligence: Broad but viewed in terms of understanding of social situations and dynamics, and ability to operate effectively in a variety of social situations. Defined as a collection of social performance, sensitivity to social situations, and role-playing skill are critically important for effective leadership.
- Interpersonal Skills: These are the more relationship-oriented aspects of social effectiveness. Interpreted as “soft skills” of the leader.
- Emotional Skills/Intelligence (EI). Ability to communicate at the emotional level, understand emotions and emotional situations, and be in tune with our own emotions.
- Prudence: Categorized as wisdom which comes from being able to see others’ perspectives and through being open to and considering others’ points of view.
- Courage: Having the courage to take calculated risks and the courage to: (a) stand up for what you believe; (b) do the right thing.
- Conflict Management: “Higher order” interpersonal skill that involves helping colleagues to avoid or resolve interpersonal conflicts
- Decision Making: Leaders having the ability to make good decisions or lead a good decision-making process
- Diplomacy: Skill for managing relationships throughout an organization and people effectively in a positive way.
- Influence Skills: Being a great leader is a Master of Social influence, and able to wield power effectively and fairly
Area Expertise/Competence: Developing expertise in the situation, organization, or industry in which they lead.
This position will have direct reports – dot lined.
The primary work environment is in the office area. The noise level in the work environment is low.
The physical demands of this position are typical of office environment.
This position will/will not require 5% Travel
Required education and experience
- High School Diploma or GED (College degree a plus)
- 5+ years’ experience in an SOC environment
- Sound decision making taking all SOC workgroups & variables for any given situation
- Experience with FOS is preferred
- Dispatch License
- Past employee management, employee coaching/mentoring preferred
- [Languages if applicable]
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
XOJET Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an E-Verify employer.