All SOC positions share the common responsibility of maintaining situational awareness of the operations taking place both across our system and within the SOC. Communication and teamwork are key requirements and essential in ensuring a smooth operation across all teams within the SOC and extending out to our crews.
All SOC positions are expected to lead-by-example in advocating and reinforcing our Safety Culture.
Leadership - Must have a metrics-driven operational mindset - passionate about details, make data-driven decisions, relentlessly measure and test, and hold people accountable for fact-based results.
- Embraces and advocates change. Continuous Improvement is one of our values. Manager must be able to guide and motivate the team to excellence in a fast paced work environment where information is time-sensitive and processes and procedures are continually refined.
- Empowers employees to create and add value. Responsible for development of Employee Performance in Operations. Promotes programs that support XOJET’s culture and initiatives to inspire high morale, employee retention, and job satisfaction while driving performance and creating a positive working environment for employees.
- Inspires team cohesion. Proactively provides employee coaching i.e. assists employees in communication and conflict resolution between their peers, other departments and/or management
Strategic - Must have a strategic organizational outlook - quickly understand and align clearly with the company’s vision for the support organization. Ability to quickly provide strategic input to the executive layer.
- Develops and elevates talent. Responsible for recruiting and developing a world-class team of professionals and establishing processes, systems, and training infrastructure to enable them to deliver timely and high-quality solutions to supported teams and XOJET clients.
- Defines and measures performance. Develops and implements employee/departmental goals
- Analyze company data to see specifically how the department working and any necessary changes to procedures to support improvement. Update SOC Manual accordingly.
- Develops and implements retention programs to minimize turnover.
- Incorporates the organizational vision into the daily operation.
- Builds and maintains a proactive, forward thinking mindset with the team members
Human Resources - Determines the Operations team’s performance through regular evaluations. Addresses and minimizes issues including but not limited to attendance, interpersonal conflicts in the workplace, and individual performance gaps through coaching and counseling. Takes corrective action as necessary.
- Provides counsel and assistance to employee issues as they arise
- Responsible for approval of scheduling, shift assignments, and vacation
- Coordination with Human Resources of oversight of leaves of absences
- Coordinates and ensure compliance with approval of timecards, coordinates and ensures compliance of Wage and Hour Breaks.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to Flight Operations Analysts and XOJET leadership on all performance, weather, and feasibility issues.
- Coordinate with SOC leadership to produce and provide cross-departmental training on operational functions as they apply to other XOJET teams.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience leading people and managing processes in ways directly relatable to XOJET’s culture and values.
- 5+ years’ experience in an SOC environment with a focus on flight operations.
- Passionate, confident, and driven organization leader.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding people and business management skills.
- Collaborative and transparent management style.
- Desire to lead a team in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proficient with PC and Microsoft Office skills (including Word and Excel) and ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Department: Operations
- Location: MCC
- Reports to: Senior Director, SOC
- FLSA Classification: Exempt
We are an E-Verify employer.