Given our recent acquisition by Vista Global, we are seeking crew to operate the VistaJet Fleet, which will be managed by XOJET. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a market leading organization and gain worldwide operations experience. Therefore, XOJET is currently searching for qualified Cabin Host/ess to join our team of professionals!
The Cabin Host/ess attends to the safety and comfort of passengers on board each flight. Off the aircraft, the Cabin Host/ess is responsible for various administrative and training functions.
The client experience is tailored so that passengers always feel at ease to work, entertain, and relax all on the same journey. We are in search of Cabin Host/ess to travel the world and provide 5-star service while managing an aircraft for a minimum of 17 consecutive days.
- Are you an experienced and committed Cabin Host/ess or similar?
- Do you strive to deliver a professional and exceptional service?
- Are you highly flexible and able to calmly prioritise tasks in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment?
- Do you have a positive approach to challenge and the confidence to find creative solutions?
- Are you passionate about the finesse and detail required in exquisite service?
- Do you have a genuine warmth and dedication towards your guests?
- Do you want a career as part of a growing and successful company?
If you have the energy, personal strength and determination to succeed in the challenging world of Private Aviation, and you have answered yes to all the above questions then we cannot wait to meet you at one of our upcoming Recruitment Events.
- Ensure passengers comply with federal regulations during all flight activity
- Brief passengers on the safety features of the aircraft
- Assist and command the cabin in the event of an aircraft emergency, medical emergency or aircraft evacuation
- Operate all emergency equipment including fire extinguishers, life rafts, oxygen equipment and automatic external defibrillator
- Document all cabin maintenance issues with Pilot in Command
- Brief and assist passengers with aircraft convenience systems such as entertainment, high speed data systems, fax machine and phone capabilities
- Assist passengers with carry-on luggage
- Assist passengers with seating for adults and children including passengers with disabilities and children who require restraint systems
- Prepare and serve all meals and beverages.
- Ensure the aircraft is prepared and stocked to specifications prior to each flight.
- Ensure aircraft cabin is clean.
- Conduct pre-flight check of all cabin safety equipment prior to each flight
- Assist with hotel and transportation arrangements for crew
- Attend annual recurrent safety and medical training
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous private or commercial (First or Business Class cabin) aviation experience OR a minimum of 2 years experience of high end service in other luxury sectors
- US passport holder or Green Card holder, with the legal right to live and work in either the USA.
- Ability to obtain a second passport
- Previous private or commercial (First or Business Class cabin) aviation experience OR a minimum of 2 years experience of high end service in other luxury sectors.
- Highly flexible with a proven ability to find creative solutions
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to calmly prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Passionate about providing guests with 5-star customer service
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- The ability to communicate articulately in English. Other languages and international cultural experience beneficial.
- Ability to successfully launch a life raft weighing approximately 60 lbs. Ability to lift, open and manipulate aircraft door and window exits weighing up to 130 pounds.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; college degree preferred
We are an E-Verify employer.