Drug & Alcohol Compliance Manager (PRIA)
SummaryThe Manager of Compliance is the primary point of contact and responsible for employment clearances of Safety Sensitive Employees (PRIA) and DER responsibilities. In compliance with Federal Regulations and Company Policy, will perform duties as Primary Designated Employee Representative (DER) to modify and/or establish new (where needed) formal system processes that support the drug and alcohol testing and chain-of-custody protocols that meet the internal testing requirements and the requirements set forth by the regulatory agencies (federal, state, local). Company Program Manager and NATA liaison for the Known Crew Member Program (KCM). Substance abuse and HIMS Program Manager. Additional responsibilities include management of Drug and Alcohol Compliance Coordinators.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Drug and Alcohol Compliance: including but not limited to: XOJET Aviation LLC (DOT & Non-DOT), XO companies (Non-DOT), GMJ Air Shuttle, LLC (Non-DOT), Red Wing Aviation (DOT & Non-DOT).
Given the level of the leadership position within the company, expectation is the leader demonstrates an expert level of the following proficiencies/competencies.
- Social Intelligence: Broad but viewed in terms of understanding of social situations and dynamics, and ability to operate effectively in a variety of social situations. Defined as a collection of social performance, sensitivity to social situations, and role-playing skill are critically important for effective leadership.
- Interpersonal Skills: These are the more relationship-oriented aspects of social effectiveness. Interpreted as “soft skills” of the leader.
- Emotional Skills/Intelligence (EI). Ability to communicate at the emotional level, understand emotions and emotional situations, and be in tune with our own emotions.
- Prudence: Categorized as wisdom which comes from being able to see others’ perspectives and through being open to and considering others’ points of view.
- Courage: Having the courage to take calculated risks and the courage to: (a) stand up for what you believe; (b) do the right thing.
- Conflict Management: “Higher order” interpersonal skill that involves helping colleagues to avoid or resolve interpersonal conflicts
- Decision Making: Leaders having the ability to make good decisions or lead a good decision-making process
- Diplomacy: Skill for managing relationships throughout an organization and people effectively in a positive way.
- Influence Skills: Being a great leader is a Master of Social influence, and able to wield power effectively and fairly
Area Expertise/Competence: Developing expertise in the situation, organization, or industry in which they lead.
This position will have two direct reports.
The primary work environment is in the office area. The noise level in the work environment is low.
The physical demands of this position are typical of office environment.
This position will require 5% Travel.
Required education and experience
- A degree in Business Administration, B.A or B.S preferred. or equivalent training
- Previous aviation experience is desired.
- Designated Employee Representative (DER)
- NATACS Fingerprint Collector
- State of Florida Public Notary
- Computer literate with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with operating procedures and manuals for government agencies
- Knowledge of the following agency programs helpful:
- FAA Office of Regulation and Certification Aerospace Medical Drug Abatement Programs
- FAA Flights Standards (PRIA)
- FAA & Department of Homeland Security Clearance Procedures
- Transportation Security Administration Processing Requirements (TSA)
- National Fingerprint Collection Clearinghouse (NFCC)
- Ability to interact with employees through various levels of management
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent time managements and organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
Additional eligibility requirements
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
XOJET Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Other dutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an E-Verify employer.