HR Business Partner
The Human Resources Business Partner position leads best practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment, and employee satisfaction. This position coordinates the implementation of services, policies, and benefits programs in partnership with internal and external resources; and assists and directly advises company employees and managers with regards to Human Resources issues, policies and processes. This position will primarily support the IT Department.
- Provide support in regards to all human resources programs, including employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health and employee relations.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
On-Boarding/New Hire Orientation
- Executes all pre-employment related activities including but not limited to all employment related paperwork/documents, conducting and acquiring background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements and develops new hire orientation and employee recognition programs in support of overall employee engagement.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
Given the level of the individual contributor position within the company, expectation is the individual contributor demonstrates a proficient level of the following proficiencies/competencies.
- Plan and organize work: Require the ability to create and use logical, systematic processes to achieve goals. Having the ability to visualize the steps needed to reach a goal and naturally organize the process, modifying as necessary.
- Interpersonal communication: Effectively communicate, develop and foster strong working relationships with drives team growth, engagement and productivity.
- Collaboration: Working together to a common purpose to achieve team and business benefit. Enables individuals to work together to achieve a defined and common business purpose
- Deliver consistent results: Follow through on tasks and goals so that support team/operations success and improvements.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Level of expertise in job and the extent to which new information and skills are applied. Understands work responsibilities and adds to knowledge and skills.
This position will not have direct reports.
The primary work environment is in the office area. The noise level in the work environment is low.
The physical demands of this position are typical of office environment.
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management
- 3-5 year’s progressive experience within human resources as generalist/partner
- Experience in the technology industry
- Considerable knowledge within principles and practices with human resources management including but not limited to employee relations, employment related laws and common practices to aid in helping leadership navigate complex issues, compensation/benefits and overall healthy/safety.
- Dynamic and energetic spirit coupled with a strong desire to create and win.
- Strong working knowledge of various computer operating systems and programs (MS Office, ADP required), other HRIS systems – helpful.
- Self-starter who thrives in a rapidly growing and fast-paced environment.
- Highly detailed oriented with excellent quantitative, qualitative analytical, organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable abilities to forget effective relationships with both internal and external customers.
Additional eligibility requirements
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
XOJET Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an E-Verify employer.