Part Time Ramp Service Agent
GMJ Air Shuttle is looking for multiple Part-Time Ramp Service Agents at our Mesa, AZ base.
This role provides essential under-wing ground support services to aircraft as required by our customer airlines.
Such support includes but is not limited to, the loading and unloading of baggage, cargo, and mail, as well as sorting and transporting baggage to and from the aircraft and the operation of specialist ground servicing equipment.
- Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Load/unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Placement of chocks and cones around the aircraft
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include baggage tugs, baggage carts, aircraft steps, belt loaders, aircraft ground power units, tow bars, container loaders, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft de-icing units, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
- Collect and load live animals and dangerous goods on onto aircraft
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with GMJ Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all times
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Requires flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak, read, and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
- Able to work as part of a team in a challenging environment
- Requires an unrestricted driving license
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is strongly preferred
- Location: Mesa, Arizona (IWA)
- Department: Maintenance
- Reports To ¨Director of Maintenance / Ramp Supervisor
- FLSA Classification: Part Time, Non-Exempt
GMJ Air Shuttle is a drug-free workplace. All offers of employment are contingent upon the completion and passing of the compliance process.
We are an E-Verify employer.