Director, Human Resources
Advance your career with a full time Director, Human Resources role!
We are seeking a person who is skilled in creating a high-performance driven organization by implementing metrics, developing a compensation structure and engaging in succession planning. This position will also be responsible for providing employee relations and one-on-one services as well as providing leadership training. The Human Resources Director will oversee HR Generalists, Compliance, Payroll, Benefits and Administrative Staff.
- The Director, Human Resources is responsible for the oversight of all employees in the HR department.
- Formulates and recommends program goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations.
- Provides guidance support and training to managers and employees on employee relations issues as follows:
- Investigates problems, such as: working conditions, disciplinary actions, employee and applicant appeals and grievances.
- Identifies, recommends, and oversees implementation of appropriate actions to accomplish resolutions of employee concerns.
- According to circumstances, provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution on a wide range of employment issues, including performance management, performance improvement plan, disciplinary process, complaints and compliance with policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Manages the progressive discipline process including administration, tracking, and process requirements.
- Serves as subject matter expert regarding company policies and provides guidance to employees as required.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, to assess industry trends.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization. Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Prepares budget of human resources operations.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
- 25% travel required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 8 years’ comprehensive employee relations experience that exhibits excellent interpersonal, rapport-building, investigation, conflict resolution, and information organization skills
- Recent training in state disability and family leave laws (ERISA, FMLA, FLSA, ADA, and discrimination and employment/labor laws) strongly preferred
- PHR, PHR-CA, SPHR, and/or GPHR certification strongly preferred
- HR Certification required
- College degree with preferred concentration in Business Administration, Human Resources or relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to minimize legal exposure and create win-win solutions
- Ability to investigate complex and sometimes emotional employment issues
- Clear, concise and persuasive business writing skills to develop communications and training curriculum
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information and provide advice to managers, supervisors, and employees
- Polished presentation skills for occasional presentations and training sessions
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of staff
- High degree of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Travel Required
- Department: Human Resources
- Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Reports to: Chief Human Resources Officer
- FLSA Classification: Exempt
XOJET Aviation is a drug-free workplace. All offers of employment are contingent upon the completion and passing of the compliance process.
We are an E-Verify employer.