Mobile Repair Team Mechanic - Western U.S. Region
The Mobile Repair Team Technician (MRT Technician), works under the XOJET Aviation LLC 135 certificate and conducts AOG and Unscheduled maintenance checks as directed by the companies Maintenance Control Team and/or DOM. The MRT Technician is a vital role for the success of the XOJET Aviation operation. This role is in the direct line of maintenance operational control and works within the guidelines of the maintenance department. The MRT Technician will be permitted at the discretion of the DOM to work on other 135 operators.
- Accomplish periodic checks and operations on aircraft and engines in accordance with furnished work instructions, maintenance task cards, maintenance manuals and other applicable data.
- Perform maintenance, repair, and alterations on company or customer aircraft in accordance with furnished work instructions, maintenance task cards, maintenance manuals, and other applicable data, including standard industry practices acceptable to the Administrator.
- Perform deferrals in accordance with deferral procedures and MEL Manual.
- Document all work in accordance with procedures and standard industry.
- Each maintenance person (mechanic or inspector) who is directly in charge of maintenance, preventative maintenance, or alteration, and each person performing required inspections must hold an appropriate airman certificate. A person who is “directly in charge” need not physically observe and direct each worker constantly but must be available for consultation and decision on matters requiring instruction or decision from higher authority than that of persons performing the
- Notifies the DOM via Maintenance Control or the Quality department of any discrepancies or unairworthy conditions found during the performance of work assigned.
- Notifies the DOM immediately via Maintenance Control or the Quality department about any conditions that would create a problem relating to parts, materials, airworthiness or workmanship.
- Troubleshooting systems with crew or ensuring aircraft systems are in correct configuration to correct issues.
- Debrief with flight crews to ensure content of discrepancies is accurate and correct.
- XO MRT Teams will troubleshoot aircraft systems, research parts, and research various documentation with the assistance of MX Control, QA and OEM support teams..
- MRT Team members must have RII training for Fleet types of assigned aircraft.
• Ensure work orders and turnovers are complete and work is precisely described.
• Order parts, ship parts, receive parts, and check documentation for accuracy as required while working through the Maintenance Procurement team
• Oversee work as needed at vendor’s facilities to ensure proper maintenance techniques, tooling and appropriate care for the AC and loose equipment are employed while maintenance is being performed.
- Getting ready to Travel
- 75-95% of assigned duty time will be travel.
Given the level of the individual contributor position within the company, expectation is the individual contributor demonstrates a proficient level of the following proficiencies/competencies.
- Plan and organize work: Require the ability to create and use logical, systematic processes to achieve goals. Having the ability to visualize the steps needed to reach a goal and naturally organize the process, modifying, as necessary.
- Interpersonal communication: Effectively communicate, develop and foster strong working relationships with drives team growth, engagement and productivity.
- Collaboration: Working together to a common purpose to achieve team and business benefit. Enables individuals to work together to achieve a defined and common business purpose.
- Deliver consistent results: Follow through on tasks and goals so that support team/operations success and improvements.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Level of expertise in job and the extent to which new information and skills are applied. Understands work responsibilities and adds to knowledge and skills.
This position will not have direct reports.
The primary work environment is on airport ramps and hangars. The noise level in the work environment is moderate and can be loud.
The physical demands of this position are lifting up to 75lbs, standing and working on raised platforms. Working in tight spaces.
This position will require up to 95% Travel
Required education and experience
- Analytical, Determined, Strong technical intellect, Strong natural curiosity
- Ability to communicate with precision, and comfortable with HNI’s.
- Takes it personally when desired outcome is not reached on aircraft.
- Candidates will hold A&P certificate and minimum high school graduate
- All company maintenance personnel will dress in a manner reflecting a professional. They should appear neat and clean and be dressed in compliance with company policy
- Have minimum of 10 years’ experience on turbine powered aircraft
- Must have at least one formal course on like type aircraft (Global / Challenger / CE750 / CE560)
- Must have former leadership / manager experience – minimum of 2 years.
Additional eligibility requirements
Work authorization/security clearance requirements
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
XOJET Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an E-Verify employer.