Chief Inspector and Manager of Fleet Airworthiness
XOJET aircraft must be in compliance with approved maintenance program requirements before any flight. The approved maintenance program evolves over time to ensure the airworthiness of an aging design. These requirements are compiled tracked and managed in the CAMP Systems maintenance tracking program.
The Manager of Fleet Airworthiness/Chief Inspector will develop and manage XOJET's maintenance policies and processes to ensure compliance with the approved maintenance program and other airworthiness standards and requirements that may be imposed on our aircraft.
- Ensures that all activities are managed with safety as the highest priority.
- Is primarily responsible for developing and managing maintenance task tracking, maintenance planning and maintenance return to service (RTS) processes that ensure the highest standards of airworthiness are met and maintained.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities within the Inspection Department and plans activities in conjunction with other departments to achieve and maintain airworthiness standards.
- Ensures maintenance tracking systems agree with approved maintenance program tasks and standards.
- Ensures maintenance task thresholds, limits and tolerances are adhered to.
- Develops and maintains inspection policies, standards, methods, and procedures utilized by XOJET to comply with applicable FARs.
- Issues inspection authority to individuals who meet stringent company quality standards and adhere to the rules of XOJET/ FARs.
- Develops and administers training in XOJET’s maintenance policies, processes and procedures to XOJET personnel and vendor performing work on behalf of XOJET.
- Maintains a database of training records for XOJET maintenance personnel and XOJET vendor personnel to demonstrate compliance with training.
- Maintains a database of vendors who meet the requirements for full and permanent authorization to perform work on behalf of XOJET.
- Maintains a database of vendor performance based on Vendor non Conformances.
- Coordinates Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action requests to Vendors whenever vendor performance becomes questionable.
- Develops and maintains robust Return-to-Service policies, procedures and standards to ensure maintenance and inspections are properly complied with, tracked appropriately in XOET’s maintenance tracking system and can demonstrate the airworthiness of aircraft operated by XOJET.
- Ensures aviation material including parts, supplies and services provided by approved suppliers and vendors meet XOJET airworthiness standards.
- Reports Malfunctions, Failures and Defects (MFD), Service Difficulty Reports (SDR), Maintenance Interruption Summary (MIS) Reports, Suspected Unapproved Parts (SUOs) and Self-Disclosures after first performing internal investigations, as may be required.
- Facilitates communication and ensures turnover between all Maintenance Shifts in order to ensure continuity of Work Standards.
- Manages the accuracy and retention of all Maintenance and Inspection records for all work performed on XOJET aircraft as required by regulation.
- Promotes Safety Management System (SMS)
- Allocate of resources to sustain risk management activities
- Identify and evaluate safety hazards
- Take action to eliminate hazards or reducing risk to an acceptable level
- Investigating accidents and serious incidents
- Adopt appropriate best industry practices
- Promote aviation safety including the exchange of safety related information
- Minimum of 5 years in a technical support role within an aircraft maintenance organization.
- A current Airframe & Powerplant License is required.
- 10 or more years of aviation experience or equivalent
- Requires strong organizational and planning skills
- Working knowledge of standard pc word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications.
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and Company requirements
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with multiple departments in a fluid operational environment.
- Ability to manage employees within the guidelines and policies of the Company
- Department: Quality Assurance & Safety
- Location: Sacramento, CA (MCC)
- Reports to: SVP, Flight Operations
- FLSA Classification: Exempt
We are an E-Verify employer.