International Flight Planner
The International Flight Planner is responsible for all aspects of international trips. This includes, but is not limited to, flight planning the route of the flight, securing ground handling, custom/immigration, and landing and overfly permits as required for each trip.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert on international requirements for all teams within the SOC and throughout the company.
- Perform all international planning duties:
- Determine flight plan route considering all applicable SIDs, STARs, NOTAMs, airspace restrictions, aircraft performance capabilities and customs/immigration availability.
- Identify, request, and secure:
- Appropriate USCBP authorizations
- Overflight permits
- Foreign/domestic customs/immigration
- Foreign/domestic aircraft and passenger handling
- Crew accommodations and transport with appropriate security considerations.
- Collaborate with the Client Services team to ensure all necessary passenger information is acquired and correct (i.e. personal information, VISAs, etc.).
- Perform operational feasibility checks on all trips and follow-up on stated concerns prior to departure.
- Perform quality control of future trips to ensure timely collection of passenger information.
- Develop relationships and partnerships with service providers.
- Assist the Supervisor, International Flight Planning as directed.
- Assist the Senior Director, SOC as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- International Flight Planning experience required
- Part 135 experience strongly preferred
- Dispatcher certificate is a plus
- FAA Dispatcher certificate or relevant work experience
- Self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, fast-pace environment
- Highly detail oriented with excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree a plus.
- Proficient with PC and Microsoft Office skills (including Word and Excel) and the ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Department: Operations
- Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Reports to: Supervisor, International Flight Planning
- FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
We are an E-Verify employer.