Occupational Health and Compliance Specialist
- Researches and keeps current on health trends and OSHA requirements (including state-specific requirements), issues and data using external resources and tools along with guidance from official reporting agencies
- Compiles, analyzes, and tracks data using Microsoft Excel and specific reporting systems
- Generates and presents reports using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe for a wide variety of audiences within the organization
- Generates and maintains, for recordkeeping purposes, reports related to local, state, and federal workplace health requirements
- Creates and issues employee communications regarding occupational health and compliance matters to also include documents and forms for employees to complete and contributing to the company newsletter
- Researches, drafts, presents, and implements policies and procedures related to occupational health
- Monitors and enforces occupational health policies and procedures
- Reviews, meets with stakeholders, and renders decisions related to occupational health related questions, concerns, and requests
- Works closely with other internal departments, such as Department of Safety, on tasks, projects and decisions involving occupational health and wellness issues
- Prepares for and works with external auditors regarding occupational health and compliance records
- Assists Department of Safety in authoring Injury and Prevention guidelines and processes in the employee handbook
- Creates and administers training related to occupational health and compliance policies, procedures, and topics
- Manages COVID-19 contact tracing and notification process
- Complies with and submits required OSHA reporting in a timely manner (i.e., OSHA notifications for hospitalizations such as for COVID)
- Researches, recommends, and participates in the procurement of system platforms related to occupational health and compliance
This position will not have direct reports.
The primary work environment is in the office area. The noise level in the work environment is low.
The physical demands of this position are typical of office environment.
This position will not require Travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Health, or a closely related field of study
- One to three years of relevant experience working with reporting systems, workplace health and safety issues, labor laws concerning employee health and welfare, and OSHA requirements. Experience working in healthcare a plus
- Solid computer skills to include experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge in creating and using flow charts and Gantt Charts
- Knowledge in the use of reporting systems and record-keeping management
- Ability to extract data from reports with accuracy
- Ability to use reasonable judgment and problem-solving skills to make sound decisions
- Strong communication skills to include presentation skills, both written and verbal, using tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity with all levels in the organization as well as with outside parties.
- Ability to display compassion and empathy with others.
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to assess risk factors related to occupational health and safety and render decisions on proper courses of action
- Ability to efficiently manage time and workload to meet simultaneous strict deadlines
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
XOJET Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an E-Verify employer.