Maintenance Control Manager
Safety is of paramount importance at XOJET Aviation. The Maintenance Control Manager will ensure safety is a key factor in all decision making. Communication and teamwork are essential requirements in ensuring smooth and integrated operations occur across all teams who serve our internal and external customers. All SOC positions are expected to take initiative to aid in recovery, changes, and transitions of crews and aircraft to support our customers and maximize revenue opportunities.
- Ensure all maintenance on the fleet is performed safely and complies with regulatory requirements.
- Direct all activities for aircraft inducted into maintenance including: scheduling maintenance, approving vendors, approving work to be performed by vendors and when applicable, company technicians
- Manage Maintenance Controllers and Apprentices and supervise their tasks to ensure all maintenance control activities are handled appropriately and in accordance with Company policies and guidelines
- Create and maintain work schedules by distributing workload and prioritizing activities to ensure adequate coverage, guidance, training and manage payroll processes for all shifts
- Develop and maintain a collaborative work environment within Maintenance Control as well as the other operational groups in the SOC
- Supervise tasks performed by approved vendors to ensure all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance is performed in a cost effective, timely manner
- Supervise unscheduled and scheduled maintenance events from induction through RTS.
- Research and order parts required to complete aircraft maintenance.
- Review Vendor Quotes for reasonableness and approve as required.
- Maintain accurate cost estimations for all work being performed.
- Collaborate with crews to address aircraft maintenance issues that may arise prior to flight, during flight, and post flight.
- Defer Maintenance per MEL, NEF, and CDL to complete trips safely and on-time.
- Return aircraft to service upon completion of maintenance when necessary in support of XOJET’s QA process.
- Facilitate team meetings as required.
- Coordinate directly with all departments in the SOC during AOG events.
- May be assigned other duties as required by SVP of Flight Operations
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A current Airframe & Powerplant License is required.
- Minimum of 5 years in a technical support role within an aircraft maintenance organization.
- High School graduate though two or four year degree preferred
- Requires strong organizational and planning skills
- Working knowledge of standard PC word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications.
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and Company requirements
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with multiple departments in a fluid operational environment.
- Ability to manage employees within the guidelines and policies of the Company
- Department: Maintenance
- Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Reports to: Director Technical Operations
- Classification: Exempt
- This position is not available to work remotely
We are an E-Verify employer.