Aviation Maintenance Technician - A&P Mechanic
Aviation Maintenance Technician Job Description
RWA Part 145 Repair Station is open 7 days per week 7:30 am – 6:00 p.m. As an Aviation Maintenance Technician for RWA you will work as a member of a team accomplishing many different aspects of aircraft maintenance. This position reports to the Director of Maintenance.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time position and the schedule may include either a Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. or a rotating schedule (10 hour days) 7:30 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. This position is located at RWA headquarters in Bay City, WI.
Compensation for this position is based upon the Mechanic Pay Scale and employee’s annual performance. Employee status in this position will be hourly (non-exempt).
- Line service, inspection, repair, and modification of aircraft and/or aircraft systems and components.
- Utilize technical knowledge to repair aircraft discrepancies efficiently, while properly documenting all work performed.
- Utilize comprehensive test equipment and special tools to complete inspections.
- Utilize knowledge of computer systems to research inspections, repair criteria and/or repair parts requirements.
- Comprehensive troubleshooting and repair of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Inspection, rigging and adjustment of flight controls and control cables.
- Phase inspection and repair on Cessna 560 aircraft.
- Annual inspection on piston engine aircraft.
- Engine removal, installation, rigging and adjustment of engine controls.
- Re-fuel, de-fuel and testing of aircraft fuel systems and components.
- Aircraft pressurization checks.
- Engine run-up and taxi checks.
- Sheet metal repairs.
- Upholster removal, cleaning, repair and installation.
- Removal, disassembly and assembly of main landing gear wheel assemblies.
- Altimeter and transponder recertification.
- RVSM recertification.
- Organize work space and environment.
- Account for personal and company tools.
- Utilize knowledge of FARs to ensure the airworthiness of aircraft.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position is not responsible for managing or hiring of other employees.
Required Education and Experience:
- A valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certificate (A&P Certificate)
- 3-5 years’ experience with turbine aircraft
- Past Part 135 maintenance work
- Any formal airframe specific maintenance training
- The ability to read and interpret instructions from manuals and internal RWA documents.
- Proficiency in the Windows operating environment.
- Physical capability to work in tight spaces, at heights, on-wings, use ladders, operate tugs, operate lifts, and lift weights up to 100lbs.
- Familiarity with Federal Aviation Regulations relating to aircraft maintenance.
- A strict adherence to Company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (“SOP’s).
- Ability and willingness to work first or second shift, after-hours, overtime as required, weekends and holidays.
- Travel may be required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- A valid US Driver’s License.
- A valid U.S. Passport OR the ability to obtain a U.S. Passport.
- A complete set of tools designed for or appropriate for aircraft maintenance.
- Completion of employment drug screening, FBI fingerprinting check and a 10-year background check.
Lifting Requirements: Check appropriate category required to perform essential functions of the job.
Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Very Heavy Work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Physical Requirements: Check appropriate category required to perform essential functions of the job.
- Stand or Sit (stationary position)
Walk (move, traverse)
Use hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position)
Climb (stairs/ladders) or balance (ascend/descend, work atop, traverse)
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl (to position self, move)
Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information)
See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, assess)
- Taste/smell (detect, distinguish, determine)
- Pushing or pulling
- Repetitive motion
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions: Check appropriate category required to perform essential functions of the job.
Exposure to fumes
Exposure to dust
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Wet and/or humid
- Mists or gases
- Radient energy hazards
- Explosive hazards
- Other __________________________________________________________________________
Equipment and Tools: Complete with information required to perform essential functions of the job.
List of equipment used for the job:____________________________________________________
List of Tools:_______See attached tool list _________________________________________________
Drives RWA vehicle:___________________________________________________________________
I understand and agree that this RWA job description does not create a contract between RWA and its employees and/or agents. All employment is At-Will. Federal, state and local regulations have precedence over any conflicting items contained herein.
Employee’s Signature ___________________________________Date ______________________
We are an E-Verify employer.