Digital Content Coordinator
Digital Content Coordinator
R+D for the Built Environment (@XL Construction), Full-Time
Mountain View, CA
Who we are/ What we do:
R+D for the Built Environment (@XL Construction) is the ideas workshop for a large tech company in Mountain View. We are architects, engineers, researchers, designers, inventors, dreamers and builders who are obsessed with meaningfully shaping our environment. We are a community of optimistic, passionate, action-oriented solution-seekers who love to say “yes” and then create the path to deliver on that answer. From the scale of the Desk to the scale of the District, we generate ideas and prototypes that deliver immediate tangible value, and project a resilient, resource efficient, technologically-enriched and beautiful future.
What You Do:
As a Digital Content Coordinator, you are responsible for helping tell the story of the R+D Lab for the Built Environment by supporting and driving the planning and tactical execution of internal communication initiatives. Whether that’s presenting our work in a walk through of our spaces, or making sure that it’s comprehensively and beautifully represented in our digital and physical archives, you inspire visitors and collaborators with your friendly excitement and knowledge of our research. You are a constant learner that thrives in dynamic environments. You are proactive, an adept natural communicator, optimistic and positive. You are familiar with the language and tools of design and construction and can help with anything from writing and curating content for websites to creating beautiful visual communications. You thrive in an optimistic team environment where we deeply respect each other and try to leave each other feeling inspired and energized.
- Provides graphic support for presentations generated by the R+D Lab. This may entail various media and formats, including slide decks, animations, physical objects, and white papers.
- Leads the creation, editing and gatekeeping of content for internally and externally facing digital channels, including R+D websites.
- Helps other Lab members with content creation and gathering for internal websites and digital tools.
- Assists in creating graphic and video assets for other print and digital materials.
- Maintains documentation protocols with respect to meetings, photographing work, decks, file structure, meeting minutes, and the items contained in the physical and digital archives.
- Assists in curating and maintaining our physical showrooms, and gives tours to visitors.
- Embodies the ethos and expands the ambitions of the R+D Lab.
- Strong English verbal and written skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a design-related field
- Two years of experience in a design studio or creative consultancy preferred
- Experience in producing executive quality presentations, designing and executing data visualizations and information graphics
- Fluency in Gsuite, Adobe Creative Suite, video/audio editing software and other design tools
- Be self-directed toward excellent work outcomes, comfort level in ambiguous, non-rules based environments
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across many teams and at all organizational levels
- Solution-Seeking and action-oriented
- Creative problem solver
- Relentless curiosity and a passion for the built environment
- An obsession with user-centered discovery and design process
- Familiarity with basic website layout and design and CMS tools like squarespace
This position is for full-time employment with XL Construction, at the R+D Lab located on the premises of a large tech company in Mountain View, CA.