- Providing all deliverables required for RFP responses, e.g., budget/bid, schedule, and approach.
- Performs all estimating and bidding functions on large projects across several market sectors and can bid projects successfully and demonstrates estimate presentation at the highest level.
- Proficient at conceptual and detailed estimating, can complete an accurate cost model, and is proficient with unit and systems pricing.
- Development of accurate scopes of work for civil, structural, and architectural work on a variety of project types.
- Perform detailed analytical reviews of trade partner submissions and levelling of bids for all CSA trade work scopes.
- Understands subcontractor bidding risks and exercises XL Best Bidding Practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience as an estimator in the construction industry.
- A background in Education (DSA) or Healthcare (OSHPD) is preferred, but project experience in life sciences, public work and Corporate TI’s is also acceptable.
- Proficient in On Screen Take Off (OST), database estimating systems and Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Experience with 3D take off software preferred.
Position Location: Milpitas and/or Oakland office
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F Vet/Disability)
To all recruitment agencies: XL Construction does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, XL Construction employees or any other company location. XL Construction is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.