Senior Engineer, Construction Technology
- Able to lead in the management of the project team VDC/BIM coordination process
- Able to assess the accuracy and completeness of Design and Trade Partner BIMs
- Trades modeled may include: Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Fire Protection, Metal Framing, Specialty systems etc.
- Compile coordination models from Design and Trade Partners
- Review and document relevant coordination issues
- Assist in the facilitation of meetings between coordination team to address and resolve issues
- Assist and/or benchmark and record agreed model content for use in the field
- Create and define with CT Manager oversight the BIM/VDC Guidelines for project specific requirements (ITBs, Execution Plans, etc)
- Create and define with CT Manager oversight the BIM/VDC schedules for each project.
- Able to lead and/or assist the Construction Technology Project Manager and Pre-Construction group in training of project personnel in the use of VDC tools and workflows
- Compilation of data for field usage of Model Based Layout
- Robotic total station input and output of points
- Drawing and model content for specific conditions outside of scopes
- Coordinate exchange of data relevant to larger project team(s)
- RFIs generated through VDC/BIM Coordination process
- Document impact on submittals and approvals
- Understand contractual and legal guidelines of construction management and processes.
- Strong abilities to work with and understand Point Clouds, either by creating model geometry from Point Clouds and/or verifying models derived from Point Clouds.
- Create and maintain library components (i.e. Families) for Revit (and related Autodesk Products)
- Compile contract BIM/VDC required close out documentation (Asset information, Revit as-built with data embedded, etc, where applicable)
- The ability to work in a variety of construction environments including commercial, educational, industrial and health care related projects
- Map processes used by VDC department for review and improvement
- Mentor XL Employees on modeling and coordination processes
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Willingness to pursue continued education on BIM and other CAD programs and skill sets
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- B.S. degree in Construction Management / Technology or equivalent education and experience
- Software proficiency demonstrated in:
- Autodesk® Revit®
- Autodesk® AutoCAD®
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage
- Microsoft® Office Suite Products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interaction and coordination with staff and clients in different geographic locations.
- Professional telephone manner
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Energy, reliability, dependability and flexibility
To all recruitment agencies: XL Construction does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, XL Construction employees or any other company location. XL Construction is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.