Senior Project Manager
Sr. Project Managers have direct responsibilities for all aspects of a single, large, and complex project or for multiple small/mid-size projects. They lead all phases of a project through its life cycle; including estimating, purchasing, engineering, accounting, construction, safety, and quality assurance activities. Sr. Project Managers bring a higher level of problem solving/solution creation, risk management, communication and technical “know-how” to their team(s) and projects. Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills must accompany their technical skills. These enable the Sr. Project Manager to effectively train, develop, coach and supervise team members as well as develop strong working relationships with clients and key trade partners.
- Lead new project pursuits, including development and management of proposals, schedules and cost estimates. Lead Middle and End Game BD activities.
- Provide expertise and leadership in design-build and design-assist relationships and other alternative project delivery methods.
- Plan and execute the bid process for new projects to ensure depth in coverage and accuracy, and lead efforts to assess and mitigate risk exposure.
- Demonstrate an understanding of conceptual estimation and unit costs.
- Develop conceptual and detailed estimates throughout preconstruction and construction, including development, management, and submission of project GMP estimates and internal project budgets.
- Develop contracts that protect XL from unnecessary risk and enhance fee opportunities.
- Lead the subcontractor buy out and selection process; including, the development and execution of subcontract agreements. Demonstrate a mastery of contract terms and the ability to resolve any subcontract issues without oversight.
- Perform and supervise all aspects of project management on more complex or multiple projects including: all estimating, preconstruction activities, procurement, submittals, change orders, RFIs, budgeting, financial reporting, cost forecasting/management, billing, schedule adherence, quality control, turnover/close-out, etc. Successfully overcome challenges and resolve any issues the projects and/or teams presents.
- Ensure project permits, inspections, tests and procurement activities are done well and don’t lead to schedule challenges.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with project team(s), clients, owner’s representatives, design team, subcontractors, and others. Manage all OAC activities; including meetings and all other communication with these groups, to ensure positive, long term relationships are maintained.
- Ensure the effective use of available resources to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the team and the project(s); i.e. VDC, Sustainability, Lean practices, Bradley, SPW, XL Shop, etc.
- Work collaboratively with Superintendent(s) and field management to plan, organize and direct site activities. Lead efforts to resolve issues or challenges in the field.
- Supervise project staff and take responsibility for their training and development.
- Champion XL culture & policies and procedures and demonstrate the highest level of ethics and professionalism.
- Actively promote XL’s safety culture and practices. Provide insight and supervision for the development and maintenance of construction safety policies, procedures, and practices. Participate in project safety meetings and reinforce program objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Construction Management or Engineering.
- 10+ years progressive experience in technical construction projects such as: Life Science, Bio-Labs, Data centers, Manufacturing plants, cGMP warehouses, Structures/Interiors, mid-high rise, Shell & Core, healthcare, OSHPD, K-12, or community college/university and/or public school DSA projects within the Bay Area.
- Proficient with computer applications such as MS Project, PowerPoint, and Timberline. Expert knowledge of Viewpoint.
- Ability to develop a detailed project schedule.
- Solid understanding of the building permit process and of all trades, including MEP.
- Experience leading and maintaining the highest-level in construction safety practices.
- OSHA 10 Certification.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and proven ability to effectively lead teams.
- Strong skill set as a builder and in project management, with a solid record of success.
Location: South Bay
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F Vet/Disability)
H1B Visa sponsorship is not available for this specific position.
To all recruitment agencies: XL Construction does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, XL Construction employees or any other company location. XL Construction is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.