Project Executives lead, coordinate and manage all aspects of work on multiple construction projects; engaging with company executives, multiple project teams, key clients, as well as various design teams, consultants, and trade partners to ensure effective project reporting and execution. They play a key role in identifying, pursuing, attaining, and negotiating favorable terms for new work; collaborating with XL’s Project Development, Marketing and Precon staff in pursuits, estimating, and preconstruction efforts. Project Executives lead efforts to develop high-performance teams through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring of teams and team members. Project Executives are also engaged in achieving companywide initiatives and goals and are active ambassadors of XL’s culture, vision and mission.
- Identify and secure project opportunities; effectively utilize XL’s Middle and End Game pursuit strategies and internal resources.
- Actively participate in industry and market segment related associations.
- Oversee the bid process and ensure its effectiveness. Successfully lead the preconstruction efforts of the entire pursuit team.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of conceptual estimation and unit costs.
- Consistently negotiate and develop contract terms with owners and subcontractors, understanding risk and fee enhancement opportunities.
- Provide guidance to project teams on buy-out strategy and proper subcontractor selection.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. Develop and implement project strategies to maximize profitability.
- Serve as a resource to guide project teams in successfully executing projects, including, project start-up, document management, cost management, forecasting, schedule adherence, quality control, risk mitigation, turn-over/closeout, etc. Serve as a valued resource and sounding board for teams in proactively addressing issues/challenges/opportunities in these areas.
- Perform monthly or more frequent reviews of projects to ensure cost and schedule management is being executed well and that teams are functioning well (team health).
- Promote the effective use of available resources to increase efficiency and effectiveness of teams and projects, i.e. VDC, Sustainability, Lean practices, Bradley, ECS, XL Shop, etc.
- Support the team's communication efforts to the Owner and Design Team.
- Own client relationships; ensure teams maintain positive, long term relationships with clients, owner’s representatives, design team, subcontractors, and others. Drive high client satisfaction ratings with teams.
- Actively lead staff development efforts; enhance skills, promote development, and create growth opportunities.
- Champion XL culture and policies and procedures and demonstrate the highest level of ethics and professionalism.
- Effectively cascade communication, business unit strategies, key initiatives, and XL culture.
- Actively promote XL’s safety culture. Ensure XL's safety policies, procedures and practices are understood and consistently utilized.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 14+ years in construction with a strong project background in our core markets of Education, Science/Technology, Civic and/or Healthcare, including a project portfolio with key market clients, building types, and varied delivery methods. For this specific position, strong Healthcare experience in the Sacramento region is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Industry certifications/accreditation, including OSHA 10, LEED AP, and/or DBIA.
- Experience leading and maintaining the highest-level in construction safety practices.
- Demonstrated success managing profitable, large and multiple, smaller
- Ability to attract, develop, manage, and lead talented staff.
- Experience with implementing company and project
- Network of client and industry relationships and a proven track record of business development.
- Demonstrated success managing the preconstruction
- Strong understanding of contract types, risks, and mitigation strategies.
- Market-specific project cost
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F Vet/Disability)
H1B Visa sponsorship is not available for this specific position.
To all recruitment agencies: XL Construction does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, XL Construction employees or any other company location. XL Construction is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.