Operations Project Manager
Lab Operations, Project Manager
R+D for the Built Environment (@XL Construction), Full-Time Mountain View, CA
Who we are/ What we do:
R+D for the Built Environment (@XL Construction) is the ideas workshop for a large tech company in Mountain View. We are architects, engineers, researchers, designers, inventors, dreamers and builders who are obsessed with meaningfully shaping our environment. We are a community of optimistic, passionate, action-oriented solution-seekers who love to say “yes” and then create the path to deliver on that answer. From the scale of the Desk to the scale of the District, we generate ideas and prototypes that deliver immediate tangible value, and project a resilient, resource efficient, technologically-enriched and beautiful future.
What You Do:
As the Project Manager for all Lab operations, you will be accountable for the success of the Lab (ﬁnancials, Staﬀ, timely deliverables). You will aid in lab resource strategies and develop evaluative criteria that help us spend our money and time wisely, while making sure that workloads and human resources are balanced with the labs’ R+D priorities. You have a broad general knowledge base across all aspects of
design and construction. You have enough industry specific knowledge to understand what big picture strategies need to be employed so that our business outcomes are aligned with our innovation ambitions. You provide us with the tools necessary to generate the best, most productive environment. You adeptly move between high level views and details. You are an adept natural communicator, optimistic and
positive, and will advocate for the team. You identify with the success of the team, and dive in to do whatever it takes to have the Lab be the best it can be.
- Accountable to XL for Lab success: ﬁnancials, Staﬀ, and client satisfaction
- Owns operational oversight, collaboratively planning quarterly and yearly work with schedules, budgets, Staﬃng, and other business aspects of the lab
- Develops analytical frameworks and instruments (such as lean thinking, etc.) that facilitate decision-making and improve lab performance related to budget, time and personnel
- Supports Staﬃng requirements, manages and accountable for hiring new talent as needed to correspond with specific duties and skill sets, on-boarding, and training new team members
- Nurtures and supports the team; promotes individual’s career growth; tracks and provides feedback on day to day performance
- Helps to untangle team communications, processes and/or content problems where needed
- Provides support to the team when new processes are rolled out
- Checks in regularly with Lab leadership to make sure design and operational visions are aligned
- Embodies the ethos and expands the ambitions of the R+D Lab
- Helps review and resolve ‘redlines’ to consultant and subcontract agreements
- Responsible for annual XL / Google contract creation and signature(s)
- Senior Architect or Project Manager with a degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management; licensure preferred (if applicable)
- Expertise in all phases of the design + construction process, from Concept through Construction Administration, with an emphasis on the successful delivery of novel systems and processes
- Seasoned management experience including managing multiple teams simultaneously
- Experience in budget preparation, ﬁnancial analysis, and contracts
- Strong industry knowledge: Staying abreast of current trends, pricing, and new technology in their industry aids operations consultants in their evaluation and recommendation of new processes
- Excellent planning skills, including careful attention to detail, information organization and timeline tracking; ability to utilize data to tell a story
- Self driven and eﬃcient time management skills
- Ability to multitask, responsibility for several concurrent projects and dealing with internal and external clients and vendors require operations consultants to balance competing priorities
- Tools for understand potential exposures/roadblocks and strategies to overcome them
- Ability to communicate and collaborate eﬀectively across teams and at all organizational levels
- Solution-Seeking and action-oriented
- Demonstrated positive and eﬀective leadership
- Organized, meticulous manager, yet also a creative problem solver
- Relentless curiosity and a passion for the built environment
- Enjoys helping others be there best
- Leverage industry relationships to ensure the best thought leaders are engaged
- Highly approachable
This position is for full-time employment with XL Construction, at the R+D Lab located on the premises of a large tech company in Mountain View, CA.
Please submit professional credentials, including curriculum vitae and cover letter for our consideration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F Vet/Disability)
H1B Visa sponsorship is not available for this specific position.
To all recruitment agencies: XL Construction is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.