Project Administrator / Administrative Assistant
Primarily providing project administrative support to a Project Executives, and secondarily providing general office administrative support to construction project team(s) at a satellite facility. The position always requires professional and courteous conduct, and excellence in customer service delivery. This position is a full-time onsite position.
Administrative & Office support in such areas as:
- Managing Executives daily calendar, demonstrating flexibility and problem-solving abilities to adjust or prioritize schedules based on last-minute requests.
- Process confidential and critical information on a routine basis with discretion, support with documents and presentations, and cross-functional work in support of team needs.
- Prepare presentation materials, reports, correspondence, and agenda.
- Responsible for frequent meeting and event preparations, including catering, calendaring, and setting up/ cleaning up for event. Ordering Lunches and collaborating with client’s food catering program.
- Takes initiative; helps in other areas as needed; special projects as requested.
- Responsible for all office supplies and equipment, including ordering and maintenance calls.
- Manages kitchen, including dishes being kept clean and supplies being continually stocked.
- Maintain copiers and make sure copy areas are continuously stocked.
- Responsible for setting up and cleaning up conference rooms for important meetings, including testing technology ahead of meetings.
- Organize and make sure all areas of the office are tidy.
- Technology management (troubleshooting any IT issues, working with IT for solutions).
- Manage building maintenance & repairs.
- Creating, coordinating and managing travel itineraries.
- Expense tracking and coding on a monthly basis for Office and Executives.
- Supports Safety Officer with documentation.
Project Administrator responsibilities:
- Prepares and understands the prime contract and follows the terms and conditions throughout the entire project.
- Obtains insurance certificates as required by client.
- Maintains project information in company database.
- Follows up on signed subcontract agreements and insurance.
- Prepares project files, including Office and Jobsite files for archiving.
- Prepares closeout binders for the client. Proactively pursues required documents from trade partners.
- Boxes Permit and As-Built drawings and records contents on labels for archiving.
- Prepares preliminary lien notice to the Owner.
- Prepares project binders for project team.
- Assist team with periodic project related errands, i.e., Documents to Jurisdictions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a project coordinator role or equivalent construction administrative experience preferred.
- Accounting/Finance project experience is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite, Outlook, G Suite).
- Excellent reading, writing, and personal communication skills are required.
- Awesome organizational and time management skills.
- Multitasking with attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of project flow.
- Able to take direction and work independently while executing tasks on schedule.
- Driven individual with honesty and integrity.
- Can effectively prioritize and adapt in a fast- paced office environment with high expectations for accurate deliverables.
- Flexible in day-to-day tasks.
- Self-starter, assertive, great at seeking out resources.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate business needs.
Position Location: Mountain View, CA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F Vet/Disability)
To all recruitment agencies: XL Construction does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, XL Construction employees or any other company location. XL Construction is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.