- Estimates new projects, determines scope, answers subcontractor questions.
- Is able to perform complete conceptual estimates on small projects.
- Can do detailed and complete quantity take-off on a variety of projects.
- Understands and regularly uses Timberline Estimating System.
- Maintains extensive contact with and builds strong relationships with subcontractors.
- Attends pre-bid job walks with Clients and Subcontractors.
- Takes part in Value Engineering Studies.
- Prepares Instructions to Bidders (ITB's) and participates in bidding projects.
- Assists in subcontractor buyout.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and awareness of the factors that affect construction cost.
- Always promotes the highest level of professionalism and ethics.
- Maintains a strong network in the greater subcontractor community.
- He/she is an active participant in industry organizations and events.
- Other Software that XL uses and a working knowledge is beneficial:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F Vet/Disability)
To all recruitment agencies: XL Construction does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, XL Construction employees or any other company location. XL Construction is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.