- Assist and support the Director of Safety and Risk Management with the implementation of company safety policies and procedures with the purpose of preventing accidents and injuries.
- Participate in the daily construction jobsite inspection program for the purpose of correcting unsafe conditions and unsafe work practices.
- Oversight of all aspects of safety program implementation at the project level.
- Attend and often lead weekly site safety meetings and specific pre-task planning meetings with subcontractors.
- Keep current on best practices and regularly attend specific industry training in hazardous material remediation, confined space work, fall protection, electrical safety, personal protective equipment and many other aspects of worker safety and environmental compliance.
- Act as a resource for each project team to utilize in meeting the challenges of providing safe and quality construction services to our clients.
- Assist in accident investigations to determine the causal factors and implement corrective actions.
- Prepare relevant statistical information for a measurement of project safety performance.
- Perform other Safety related duties as assigned by the Director of Safety and Risk Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate Degree in Health & Safety or equivalent combination of experience including possessing a BCSP Safety Certification or an extensive construction safety background.
- A minimum of 7-10 years in construction at the foreman level or above.
- Must be a Self-Starter who is capable of working independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 3-5 years of direct experience in construction safety.
- OSHA 500 and CHST certification strongly preferred and will be considered above all other applicants.
H1B Visa sponsorship is not available for this specific position.
To all recruitment agencies: XL Construction does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, XL Construction employees or any other company location. XL Construction is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.