Intelligent Environments Lead
Intelligent Environments Lead
R+D for the Built Environment, Full-Time
Mountain View, CA
Who we are/What we do:
R+D is the Ideas Workshop for the Built Environment (of a large tech company in Mountain View). We are architects, engineers, researchers, designers, inventors, dreamers and builders who are obsessed with meaningfully shaping our environment. We are a community of optimistic, passionate, action-oriented solution-seekers who love to say “yes” and then create the path to deliver on that answer. From the scale of the Desk to the scale of the District, we generate ideas and prototypes that deliver immediate tangible value, and project a resilient, resource efficient, technologically-enriched and beautiful future.
What you do:
As the Intelligent Environments Lead, you will drive a vision for a connected and frictionless workplace, enabled by technology and building data. You see our buildings as an opportunity to improve the experience of people and our impact on the planet, and want to enable adaptive and truly transformative workplaces.
You are experienced in the smart building industry and are well versed in building science and technologies, MEP systems, and data storage, abstraction, and application. You know what is available today and what gaps exist in the market, and you have demonstrated leadership in overcoming today’s obstacles to build visions and roadmaps for seamless integration of buildings, users, technology, infrastructure, and data. You are a leader, optimist, experimenter, and challenger of the status quo. You love establishing creative, energetic, and interdisciplinary teams, and while you are passionate about the details, you can easily transition between technical and non-technical topics. Your presentations are clear, directive, and strategic and you thrive with executive-level communication. You have experience on the owner side of commercial real estate, knowing the hurdles and opportunities that exist with enterprise scale. You’re hungry for experimentation and keen to partner with cross functional stakeholders, and have the experience to both initiate skunkworks research and prototyping for roofshot visions, and deliver on immediate, near term goals and objectives.
- Overseeing a portfolio of initiatives at the intersection of building science, technology, machine learning, data visualization, and workplace design and operation.
- Initiating research on emerging tech within the built environment sphere and leading visioning workshops with internal teams (e.g. new IoT use cases).
- Partnering across the organization to understand stakeholders needs, existing solutions, and gaps.
- Building the right team of researchers, engineers, data scientists, and technologists to successfully execute on Intelligent Environments goals.
- Providing support, guidance, and oversight to immediate team and external SME consultants.
- Planning out quarterly and long term work, and research priorities with schedules, and key milestones, budgets, goals, and tracking mechanisms.
- Regularly presenting to executive leadership and communicating work outcomes and developments within Intelligent Environments.
- Contributing to the leadership and development of the Lab, encouraging and leading collaborations with the Architecture, Research, and UX teams.
Please submit professional credentials, including curriculum vitae, cover letter, and portfolio of work for our consideration.