XANT helps enterprise customers accelerate revenue in a way CRM and AI alone cannot. Its Revenue Acceleration Cloud uses Real Data powered by AI—behavioral insights captured in real-time between every buyer and seller on the platform—to guide teams to focus on the right things, optimize engagement and improve visibility. Leading brands like Caesars Entertainment, VMWare, Groupon, John Hancock Investment Management, Pluralsight, Fidelity Investments, Experian, and West Corp. rely on XANT for measurable revenue lift and real results.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Counsel, Privacy & Product with expertise in privacy, data protection, and technology transactions to join our small but mighty legal team. Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer. Will work out of our Utah offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, and other duties may be assigned:
- Advise product and technology teams throughout the entire product life-cycle on matters relating to the legal and regulatory aspects of software product development, including privacy and security and open source issues.
- Work with Chief Legal Officer and outside counsel on relevant privacy laws such as GDPR, CCPA, and the FTC best practices, and manage compliance; collaborate with engineering, product management, design, security, and client delivery to support XANT’s business operations and drive product compliance
- Work with Chief Legal Officer and security to address incident responses, including the review, coordination and management of potential privacy or data security incidents and related investigations, notifications and resolution
- Assist legal team with overflow day-to-day commercial transactional work, including client and vendor agreements
- Create and provide training to legal team colleagues and internal clients
Education and/or Experience:
- Significant product and privacy counseling experience, preferably in a SAAS environment
- Deep understanding of complex global data privacy laws and principles, including GDPR and CCPA
- Transactional experience negotiating client and vendor agreements, drafting documents related to data security and privacy such as data use agreements
- Demonstrated experience providing practical, actionable advice that balances legal risk and business impact in a dynamic environment
- IAAP certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in-house at a technology company
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
- Strong work ethic and sense of accountability and integrity
- Solid customer service focus and ability to work both independently and collaboratively with diverse teams across the organization
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to identify issues, resolve problems and drive projects to completion
- Trustworthy, positive, energetic, optimistic attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- A creative problem solver who is eager to learn about new ideas and concepts
XANT offers competitive compensation, generous benefits including a matching 401(k) program, healthcare insurance and reimbursement accounts, a gym membership, ongoing training & education programs, and so much more.