Role: Data Analyst
Location: Gurgaon, India
GroundTruth enables real-time, location-based marketing, without the guesswork. Working with GroundTruth, marketers can deliver more relevant, personalized messages to the right people they want to reach, based on the real places they visit every day. Each month, GroundTruth’s patented location platform helps marketers reach over 500 million people globally via more than 100 thousand popular mobile applications. With GroundTruth, marketers can say goodbye to assumptive marketing and reach the right people at real places in real-time with precision, relevance and confidence. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
This will be an exciting and challenging role that will enable you to work with very large data sets, expose you to cutting edge analysis techniques, work with the latest components in cloud architecture and gain experience in the usage of location data to drive businesses. Working in a dynamic start up environment will give you significant opportunities for growth within the organization.
A successful applicant will be passionate about technology and developing a deep understanding of human behavior in the real world. They would also have excellent communication skills, be able to synthesize and present complex information and be a fast learner.
- Become an expert in location marketing
- Understand the business requirement for analytics and formulate approach by identifying key datasets, various assumptions, methodology to be used
- Present the analysis in crisp and clear manner for solving location data anomalies/issues
- Analyse trends to identify discrepancies to point out reasons for the changes in observed patterns
- Provide feedback and share knowledge with the Supply & Data Partnerships and Product team to drive improvement and enhancements
- Define proper measurable metrics/variables for analyzing a business problem and provide actionable recommendations
- BA/BSc/B.E./BTech degree from Tier 1 college in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related fields
- 1-2 years of experience in working with data and conducting statistical and/or numerical analysis
- Ability to write SQL code and familiarity with R/Python, Linux shell commands
- Be willing and able to quickly learn about new businesses, database technologies and analysis techniques
- Ability to tell a good story and support it with numbers and visuals
- Strong oral and written communication
- Experience working with large datasets
- Experience with AWS analytics infrastructure (Redshift, S3, Athena, Boto3)
- Experience building analytics applications leveraging R, Python, Tableau, Looker or other
- Experience in geo-spatial analysis with POSTGIS, QGIS
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.