Role: Software Engineer
Location: Gurgaon, India
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte's Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we're proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. GroundTruth has global headquarters in New York. Its R&D centers are located in US, Canada and India. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
GroundTruth platform consists of database of point-of-interests, real-time handling of location data, data science and user interface for advertisement campaigns. As a software engineer in GroundTruth R&D team, you will build solutions that add new capabilities to the platform.
- learn location-based advertising domain
- prepare detailed specifications and low-level design
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline for the GroundTruth location platform
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies
- Work with stakeholders including the Product, Analytics and Client Services teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- participate in code reviews
- test the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- maintain the application once it is live
- contribute ideas to improve the location platform
- B.Tech./B.E./M.Tech./MCA or equivalent in computer science
- 2-3 years of experience running an online operation, Analyzing Information, General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, Redshift,S3,Athena
- Must be proficient in GIT, Jenkins, CICD (Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How you can impress us:
- Knowledge of Rest
- Any Experience in big data technologies like Hadoop, Map Reduce, Pig is a plus
- Knowledge of Postgres
- Knowledge of shell scripting and Perl
- Experience with BI tools like looker, Tableau
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Dockers
- Configuration management and QA practices
Our teams are geographically dispersed, where R&D teams in US, Canada and India regularly interface with each other and developers are required to travel to US. GroundTruth employees are empowered to voice their opinions and ideas. We reward hard work, support career development and offer comprehensive benefits. We encourage employees to have a healthy work-life balance. To support that we foster a fun & friendly work environment and provide flexible working hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.