Principal Data Scientist
Principal Data Scientist
Mountain View, CA | Data Science
A bit about us
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and non-profits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary filtering processes that combines our BlueprintTM contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30B visits annually.
- Envision and drive data driven solutions to build better products and engineering systems
- Champion the scalable approaches to building/modifying ML pipelines
- Take over some existing pipelines and manage periodic data/model generation, and enhancements
- Perform data analysis to derive insights from the data, or external platforms
- Collaborate with peer data scientists, product managers closely
- Manage projects from full end-to-end lifecycle
- Problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level.
- Team Player: Believes in GroundTruth’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technical Aptitude: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering with 5 to 8 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience of at least 2 years with one of Apache Spark; familiarity with Hive preferable
- Solid understanding of ETL processes
- Expert in Machine Learning algorithms and systems
- Strong in Python/shell scripting, data structures and object-oriented design/programming skills
- Write clean, organized and well-documented code
- Excellent communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under applicable federal, state and/or local laws. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process, please reach out to us at [email protected].
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.