Big Data Architect
Role: Big Data Architect
Location: Gurgaon, India
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte's Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we're proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. GroundTruth has global headquarters in New York. Its R&D centers are located in US, Canada and India. Learn more: www.groundtruth.com
This is a senior level engineering role where the candidate will work closely with Data Engineering team in the US. Candidate would work with various Big Data technologies on AWS. They are expected to architect complete end-to-end solutions/data pipelines; from data ingestion to ETL to reporting and APIs.
This is a great career opportunity to grow, learn, take ownership of and work on the latest big data & AWS cloud technologies with meaningful impact. You will be working with a high-performing team that believes in open communication, collaboration, and embraces good ideas from everywhere to make the team successful.
- Work with various Big Data technologies on AWS
- Architect complete end-to-end solutions/data pipelines; from data ingestion to ETL to reporting and APIs.
- Create Dashboards/Alerts exhibiting critical metrics and KPI (key performance indicators) for monitoring/tuning and scaling data processing pipelines.
- Deploying data pipelines in production based on Continuous Delivery practices.
- Contribute to software implementation specs, test plans, participate actively in code reviews and adhere to very high-quality coding practices with good test coverage.
- Mentor and lead other data engineers.
- Designed/ architected and implemented complex projects dealing with the considerable data size and with high complexity.
- Capable of providing the design and Architecture for the typical business problems, exposure on hadoop distribution used in big data solution.
- B.Tech./B.E./M.Tech./MCA or equivalent, in computer science or relevant area
- 7+ years of computer systems design / software architecture experience
- Solid technical skills with hands-on programming in Java/Python/Scala on Linux/Unix.
- Should be proficient in writing Advanced SQLs, Expertise in performance tuning of SQLs.
- Experience with data science and machine learning tools and technologies is a plus
- 5+ years of hands-on big data/ETL experience with big data tech like Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL DBs.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, preferably AWS
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with ability to articulate complexity plainly.
- Keen to pickup new technology
How you can impress us:
- 3+ years of leadership/mentorship experience.
- Building solutions on AWS, EMR, serverless technologies, AWS Athena, Glue
- Knowledge of streaming systems like Kinesis, Kafka
- Breadth in big data ecosystem with both batch and streaming technologies: Hive, Presto, Druid, Flink
Our teams are geographically distributed, where R&D teams in US, Canada and India regularly interface with each other and developers are required to travel to US. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial, and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas. We reward hard work, support career development and offer comprehensive benefits. We encourage employees to have a healthy work-life balance. To support that, we foster a fun & friendly work environment and provide flexible working hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.