People Operations | Mountain View, CA
GroundTruth is the leading global location platform that leverages data and insights to drive business performance. Using its proprietary Blueprints technology, GroundTruth is able to learn about mobile users and reach them at the right place and right time, ultimately helping companies make smarter marketing decisions, increase sales, and grow their businesses. Since its foundation in 2009, GroundTruth has launched several innovative products and won numerous awards, including Inc. 5000’s Fast Growing Private Companies and Deloitte's Fast 500 Technology companies. Today, we're proud to employ over 400 employees across three continents, and serve millions of marketers across 21 countries. Learn more: www.GroundTruth.com
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. We are seeking a well-rounded HR Generalist with a focus on HR and Recruiting to join the People Operations team. This role will specifically work with our North American Product & Technology teams and West Coast offices. This role is based in our Mountain View, California office and reports to the Associate Director, HR Business Partner in New York. It is an individual contributor role, however, will be part of a highly collaborative and supportive global People Operations team and work closely with the Recruiter and HR team in New York. This role will handle talent acquisition for the product and technology teams and partner with hiring managers to understand the current hiring needs and trends, while managing and maintaining all facets of the HR for our West Coast offices.
- Proactively and strategically source candidates.
- Develop innovative tactics to build passive talent pipeline.
- Manage the candidate experience throughout the interview process.
- Create awareness of the GroundTruth brand with candidates.
- Manage and maintain all facets of the onboarding cycle for our West Coast offices (including our PEO relationship for our Vancouver office) ensuring timely processing and compliance: New Hire paperwork, HRIS processing and management, administering I-9s & E-Verify and Payroll coordination. *(some assistance needed at the International level).
- Manage and maintain the offboarding cycle for all voluntary terminations for our West Coast offices by preparing all paperwork and assisting with exit interviews for all US offices *(some assistance needed at the International level).
- Manage and maintain all employee changes by processing all required paperwork and ensuring employee records are updated both within the HRIS and file system.
- Maintain all employee files for our West Coast offices by performing quarterly audits to ensure proper document retention and compliance.
- Enforce policies and assist with ensuring they are carried out while generating ideas for greater efficiency and success.
- Assist the team with Performance Management for West Coast teams by administering 30/60/90 check-ins and assisting with the overall Performance Management strategy.
- Build trust with P&T leaders and provide HR guidance on everything from policies, org & talent planning, performance management, etc.
- Maintain all employee files and ensure proper document retention and compliance.
- Partner with HR team on team projects including the employee satisfaction and pulse surveys to analyze data and develop strategic recommendations for Executive leadership.
- Assist with managing and resolving complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance and partner with legal team as needed.
- Assist with brainstorming and carrying out company wellness events and employee engagement activities.
- A self-starter, highly motivated and excited to help build GroundTruth’s growing team.
- Comfortable to work both independently as the sole representative in Mountain View and collaboratively with the global People Operations team.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to keep up with business demands.
- A strong communicator (both written and verbal) and comfortable engaging in conversation.
- Technically adept and eager to work in a technology driven environment.
- A problem solver who takes charge and is able to generate solutions.
- Detail-Oriented and take great pride in your work.
- Organized and have demonstrated the ability to prioritize and deliver work in a timely manner.
- Coachable and open to feedback.
- Respectful; we treat each other with respect and assume the best of one another.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or another related field.
- HR & Recruitment experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment or start-up environment
- 2-5 years HR Generalist experience
- 1-2 years Technical Recruitment
- Experience working with Product, Technology, and Engineering teams.
- Proven track record of identifying, attracting, and hiring top talent in a highly competitive market.
- Solid understanding of HR best practices, policies, procedures, and compliance
- Experience working with a Human Resource Management System.
- HRIS experience is a must (ADP is a plus)
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems a must (Jobvite preferred).
- Strong communication skills
How you can impress us:
- Online media/digital or technology experience
- Tracker I-9 administration experience
- Google Suite experience
- Experience with Lattice or other employee engagement technologies
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial, and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.