Manager - Full Stack Engineering
Role: Manager, Full Stack Engineering
Location: Gurgaon, India
GroundTruth is the leading location-based marketing and advertising technology company. Sitting at the convergence of offline and online data, GroundTruth delivers a unique data set called “visitation data,” which allows brands, agencies, SMBs, and nonprofits to drive high-performing business outcomes (ROI). GroundTruth activates this data through a suite of performance products and services via their self-serve advertising platform, through managed services, or tailored partnerships. GroundTruth has built proprietary cleansing processes that combine their Blueprint’s contextual mapping technology, owned & operated properties, along with 3rd party mobile location data, together yielding over 30 Billion visits annually.
As the Manager of Full Stack Engineering, you will oversee the development, implementation, maintenance, and operations of Groundtruth applications. You will collaborate with cross functional teams across the GT. This high impact role will have an opportunity to lead a team to help design and build our applications portfolio and work with emerging UI and backend technologies using AWS cloud services.
What you will do:
- You have good hands on software development experience and are comfortable writing code.
- You have worked in different technical stacks in the past with full-stack exposure (front end, back end). with a continuous development & deployment pipeline.
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership to help drive technical strategy
- Be an internal champion for continuously improving team working processes, code quality, and tools and technology adoption
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Manage and execute software development projects from beginning to finish
- Work with the team members across the organization to understand and incorporate business requirements into product solutions
- Lead project planning and estimation.
- Collaborate with other software managers on people management practices
- Provide regular updates on projects and team performance
- Supervise team’s personnel matters: scheduling resources, time off requests, recognition on a timely and consistent basis
- Monitor team members productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching as needed
- Evaluate employee performance, set expectations and goals for staff members.
- Develop technical and non-technical relationships with key stakeholders and with other teams across the organization
- Cultivate a culture of engineering excellence
- Drive best engineering practices within your team(s)
What You Have:
- B.Tech degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 13+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ Years of application development experience with either front end or backend technologies
- 7+ years of experience in software design & development
- Experience in mentoring and supporting peers across multiple engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices
- Maintain a hands-on approach with Typescript, React, Redux, GraphQL, Jest, Next.JS, and other front-end technologies
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
- Prior experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Experience performing fundamental CS tasks including algorithms, runtime analysis, OO design, code quality
- Proficiency in the Agile development life cycle like Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Understand technical risks / issues and assists with options to resolve / mitigate
- Experience running cross functional teams in 2 of these areas (APi development,React JS, Java, Distributed systems)
- Experience developing long-term strategies and influencing leadership decisions
- A demonstrated, creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills, combined with a strong sense of ownership, and proactive can-do attitude.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to coach, inspire and mentor a team
- Experienced at effectively leading remote teams.
- History of engineering cultural change including CI/CD and Microservices or API first developmentImplement best practices in architectural design, testing (unit, integration, visual, and regression), and scrum methodology
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of GroundTruth. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.