Full Stack Software Engineer
Full Stack - Software Engineer
Weight Watchers International, Inc. is a global wellness company and the world’s leading commercial weight management program. We inspire millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. Through our engaging digital experience and face-to-face group meetings, members follow our livable and sustainable program that encompasses healthy eating, physical activity and positive mindset. With more than five decades of experience in building communities and our deep expertise in behavioral science, we aim to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about the Weight Watchers approach to healthy living.
As we rebuild many of our core experiences, we are seeking talented people who are excited to join our team. This is a rare opportunity to join a company embracing a modern Technology culture, where you will have the ability to improve people’s lives in a very meaningful way and have a major impact on Weight Watchers offerings to our members. As reliance on health and wellness awareness increases, you can be part of the team that is leading the way.
To help us achieve our goals, we are seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team. You will leverage your knowledge to develop new consumer focused products using modern Engineering such as Continuous Integration and Deployment. As a developer at Weight Watchers, your code, designs and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight lots of users.
- Program daily in Ruby, Rails, Node.js, AngularJS, Express and others.
- Build out restful endpoints and lightweight aggregation layers.
- Build out unit tests and other automated tests.
- Build out new features and iterate on existing features.
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability and performant applications
- Enable analytics via tag management and logs.
- Help define architectures and design patterns.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Answer technical inquiries on code base and product
- Lead the way with writing programmatic unit tests.
- Real world web and service development experience.
- Experience with modern frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, node.js, Express and Angular.
- Experience with web services API integration (Rest, JSON, XML).
- Experience with HTML & CSS frameworks such as bootstrap.
- Understanding of general user experience and UI design principles.
- Ability to understand requirements and map to technical implementation.
- Experience modelling domain data in service and storage layers.
- Relational and/or NoSQL database experience such as MySQL, Postgres, Mongodb or Cassandra.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Strong track record of shipping products
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT, SVN, etc
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Amazon Web Services stack
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in mentoring and leading other Engineers
- Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Weight Watchers is an equal opportunity employer. Weight Watchers does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.