Member Support Specialist - Customer Service
Member Support Specialist
Position at WW (formerly Weight Watchers)
WW is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit www.ww.com/careers.
A WW Member Support Specialist channels a passion for a healthy lifestyle, customer service and proven communication skills into inspiring members and supporting them at every step of their wellness and weight loss journey, providing guidance, support and motivation through WW contact center channels. The Member Support Specialist is responsible for personalizing each contact and providing superior, branded interactions with member-focused resolution.
● Identifies members’ needs and goals through effective questioning skills and active listening to tailor recommendations of WW products and offerings and drive sales
● Leverages all interactions to encourage member retention, ensuring interactions are aligned to WW Brand standards
● Delivers excellent experience to drive member referrals, new membership and retention
● Cultivates member engagement with WW program and tools and ensures member satisfaction
● Identifies members’ needs and goals through effective questioning skills and active listening to tailor recommendations of WW products and offerings and drive sales, seeking to understand and using knowledge to help build healthy habits
● Acts as a WW brand ambassador and anticipates members needs
● Inspires and encourages members to build and adopt healthy habits and celebrates progress towards wellness and weight loss goals through genuine, caring interactions.
● Establishes rapport with members through every interaction, sharing relevant information, tools and knowledge.
● Creates personalized experiences for each member by demonstrating flexibility and adaptability in response to the individual, through demonstrating active listening using an open approach, shows interest in every interaction by asking questions in a positive, non-judgmental way, seeking to understand the “why”. Uses effective questioning and active listening skills and holds meaningful conversations to understand members’ personal wellness and weight loss goals
● Build knowledge and understanding of WW tools and digital tools, including program materials, app and technical tools, membership/studio offerings, and products
● Ensure proper security procedures are followed during all customer interactions
● Completes all work assignments within performance metrics goals
● Proficiency in G-Suite and/or Microsoft Office and other web-based applications
● Customer service experience
● Prioritization, time management and organizational skills required
● Excellent active listening and communication skills
● Passion for WW brand
● HS Diploma/GED
● Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to understand brand strategy
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall wellbeing, including:
● A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
● Health care coverage starting on your first day
● Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
● Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
● Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
● Free fruit, snacks, and coffee to get you through your day
● Robust employee referral bonuses
● Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
US: Can communicate fluently (verbal and written) in both English and Spanish
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
WW, International is an equal opportunity employer. WW, International does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.